• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winter's here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Enjoy the snow though

Snow is now a very rare and exciting event.

How bizarre, during a solar maximum we had warm winters and during the deepest solar minimum for hundreds of years we are experiencing freezing winters.

Deep Solar Minimum - NASA Science

But the Sun has no effect on our climate, it's all down to minute amounts of CO2.

Comment

on top of this, it seems the gulf stream is running through a weaker period at the moment and therefore not bringing great warmth up towards europe

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        on top of this, it seems the gulf stream is running through a weaker period at the moment and therefore not bringing great warmth up towards europe

Milan.
        BBC News - Gulf Stream 'is not slowing down'

Seemed alright in March. Maybe the CO2 count has gone up today.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          yes it's snowing here too

like I said, in Sweden and in Central Europe they are saying this winter is going to be the hardest from the last 1000 years Milan.
          I'm going to hibernate.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I'm going to hibernate.
            Are you suggesting we all snuggle down under the covers and keep warm the cave-man way?

If so, you're the first one talking any sense!
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Are you suggesting we all snuggle down under the covers and keep warm the cave-man way?

Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

snow is actually a good insulator, I intend to stick some in my loft and down my trouser legs

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ok, who's going to be the last CUKer to switch the central heating on?

It's 13°C in the house at the moment and it's still off, although I have a bit of a dilemma - it might be affecting the homebrew fermenting rate which needs 20-25°C ideally. I might have to throw another server on the fire at this rate.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Ok, who's going to be the last CUKer to switch the central heating on?

It's 13°C in the house at the moment and it's still off, although I have a bit of a dilemma - it might be affecting the homebrew fermenting rate which needs 20-25°C ideally. I might have to throw another server on the fire at this rate.
                    13°C I'd be dead by now....
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      It's 13°C in the house at the moment and it's still off, although I have a bit of a dilemma - it might be affecting the homebrew fermenting rate which needs 20-25°C ideally.
                      Ooh, careful. The fermentation might stall.

So what's it gonna be, boy? Central heating, or a heating pad, or a heating belt?
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X