• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trauma - Legal Advice Required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Oh come on, it's pretty good isn't it?
    Tedium personified.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Whilst engaged in this activity, I became aware of a rapidly approaching heavy footfall and heavy breathing . Turning to face the source of these sounds, I found myself confronted with .....
      I thought for a minute you was going to say Threaded in a pair of lycra cycling shorts.

Comment

The answer:

Link

A bull of up to ten months old, yes. Bulls over ten months of a recognised dairy breed (Ayrshire, British Friesian, British Holstein, Dairy Shorthorn, Guernsey, Jersey and Kerry) are banned from fields crossed by public paths under all circumstances. All other bulls over ten months are banned unless accompanied by cows or heifers. If any bulls act in a way which endangers the public, an offence may be committed under health and safety legislation.

Since the breed in question was Charolais and the bull was accompanied by cows, it would appear that the farmer was well within his rights.

COME ON LAW MAKERS, SORT THIS OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          The answer:

Link

A bull of up to ten months old, yes. Bulls over ten months of a recognised dairy breed (Ayrshire, British Friesian, British Holstein, Dairy Shorthorn, Guernsey, Jersey and Kerry) are banned from fields crossed by public paths under all circumstances. All other bulls over ten months are banned unless accompanied by cows or heifers. If any bulls act in a way which endangers the public, an offence may be committed under health and safety legislation.

Since the breed in question was Charolais and the bull was accompanied by cows, it would appear that the farmer was well within his rights.

COME ON LAW MAKERS, SORT THIS OUT!
          What make you think they are reading this forum
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Bulls are generally harmless but are known to attack an object if they smell bullsh!t.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Your friend Malc is wrong. Report the presence of a mature, solitary, non-dairy bull in a field with a Right of Way to the Police.
              The answer:

Link
              What? Didn't you believe me? I spend most nights sleeping under hedgerows.

You didn't mention the cows earlier.

Since it was with cows, and it was only looking at you, then the farmer is in the clear.

Now, regarding these other matters of you "walking across fields" (so not following the Highway Code and probably not the rights of way either), taking the fruit crop, damaging the hedgerow and possibly damaging the wire fence. As I said, report the matter to the Police and do tell us how you get on.

And don't forget to tell the no-win-no-fee solicitor about how you injured your right leg after having left the farmer's land.

(BTW, is my vague recollection of having already read this entire scenario in a law text book just my imagination?)
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                When the Devil was kicked out of Heaven on October 11....
                Is that Julian or Gregorian calendar?

Comment

Went for a walk in the countryside at the weekend and had a very distressing experience.

I was walking on a thoroughfare clearly marked as a public right of way which traversed a number of fields and some wooded terrain.
                  Whilst crossing one of said fields, I decided to browse the hedgerows to determine if I could glean the last of the year's blackberry crop.

Whilst engaged in this activity, I became aware of a rapidly approaching heavy footfall and heavy breathing . Turning to face the source of these sounds, I found myself confronted with a huge Charolais bull just 20 feet or so from the position in which I stood. Panicking, I just threw myself into the hedge and tore my way through it in a desperate attempt to escape the attentions of this bovine behemoth. Fortunately, you'll be glad to hear, I did make it through to the other side but at a cost. I received some severe lacerations to my face and forearms from brambles and rusty barbed wire and I also hurt my right crural appendage on exiting the hedgerow owing to landing awkwardly.

Now, the whole point of this post is that I am considering taking legal action against the farmer and I want to canvass the opinion of the good people of CUK. I would attest that a farmer should not allow a dangerous animal in a field which is traversed by a public thoroughfare as the health and safety of the walking general public is greatly compromised. My friend Malc disagrees saying that a farmer is not resopnsible for the safety of those who cross his land. If he were he could end up in court just by dint, for example, of there being a stray boulder lying in his filed on which somebody has twisted their ankle.

Any comments would be most welcome.
                  Bedwetter!

You should have held your ground, and started snorting and pawing the ground with your hiking boot.

Bulls are cowards at heart (hence the word "bully"), and it would have high-tailed it to the other end of the field.

Try it next time, and you'll be amazed at the result.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Bedwetter!

You should have held your ground, and started snorting and pawing the ground with your hiking boot.

Bulls are cowards at heart (hence the word "bully"), and it would have high-tailed it to the other end of the field.
                    I don't think David Blenkett would agree with you there.

Comment

I don't think David Blenkett would agree with you.
                      That is generally the case on any given subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X