• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Islam, the new Nazism ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

Originally posted by RRH
    Yawn, another internet smart arse, I have done more in my 24 years than you have in your entire grief packed excuse of an existence.
    24, LOL.
    ******* kids nowadays, don't know they're born. When I was his age I would get up before I went to bed etc....

Alright. £20, that's my best offer. And I'll throw in a picture of a naked lady. OK.
    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
      Yawn, another internet smart arse, I have done more in my 24 years than you have in your entire grief packed excuse of an existence.
      What on earth is a 24 year old (assuming that is your age and not your IQ)doing spending his time on these sort of sites and bothering about things that you have no hope of influencing.

Do you still live with your mum?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

From time to time ideas come along that are pursued with unhealthy fanatiscism.

Unfortunately, it is not enough to say, as some are rather inclined to, that most (insert followers of ideology) are very nice people and not at all fanatical as though it was an answer. Of course they aren't, the vast majority of people anywhere just prefer to get on with their own lives, but these ideologies still take root. The Inquisition, The Red Revolution, McCarthyism, Iran, Nazism, the cultural revolution under Mao, the Iranian Revolution; I bet most of the people who made those happen were basically jolly nice too.

Why did they happen? I suppose some are mislead, deliberately or otherwise, some find their causes have been hijacked, some convince themselves that all the harm furthers a greater good, some are manilated by rabble rousers and some just get carried away without thinking through the consequences.

Some genuinely believe in what they are doing. No doubt about the sincerity of the writers of some Islamic websites, they really do think their religion is rational, democratic and tolerant and that we will all be more fulfilled when we are part of it. Along with most in the West, I just don't happen to agree that it is remotely rational or that democracy and freedom within the confines of Islamic law is any sort of democracy or freedom at all. That would be just a difference of opinion we could all live with were it not for their messianic fervour.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 8 February 2006, 20:39.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          which makes the USA's agenda to impose capitalist democracy on the rest of the world al the more sensible. It is no coincidence that the wealthier a nation the less influence religion exerts.
          Not true, the wealthier a nation, the more covert that influence is. America, Germany etc are all as subject to religious influences as the east . . . .
          "The Kop's exclusive, an institution, and if you're a member of the Kop you feel you're a member of a society, you've got thousands of friends around you and they're united and loyal"

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            You sir, now you look like a fella who could do with a life, I can let you have one for a very reasonable price. Was owned by a little old russian and it's hardly been used, look, the libido is still in the box. Whaddya say sir, £25, and that's cutting my own throat, that is......

CMOT Dibbler - is it really you?
            "The Kop's exclusive, an institution, and if you're a member of the Kop you feel you're a member of a society, you've got thousands of friends around you and they're united and loyal"

Comment

Not quite but nearly

Originally posted by RRH
              No Sir I simply picked up on your title which was incorrect. Islam itself is not the problem, it's the Islamofascists who give the following a bad name

It's the peace loving muslim majority (ie.) that don't lift a finger to stop the violent amongst your brethren that are the worry. '39-'45 not all germans were Nazi's rather the majority were peace loving people that didn't do a thing to stop the Nazi's - fat lot of good they were.

Peace loving muslims are meaningless if they can't sop the agressive muslims and just follow in their wake.

Comment

Hear, hear, Vista

All evil requires to flourish is for good people to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  All evil requires to flourish is for good people to do nothing.

True - was there an Anne Frank poem about something similar - I've never been able to find it - something like:

When they came for the Gypsies I did not speak up, for I was not a gypsy etc

When they came for me, there was no one left to speak up . . . very poignant . . . . . even if I did **** it up a little.

. . . .sorry here it is - nothing to do with Anne Frank:

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
                  and I did not speak out
                  because I was not a Jew.
                  Then they came for the Communists
                  and I did not speak out
                  because I was not a Communist.
                  Then they came for the trade unionists
                  and I did not speak out
                  because I was not a trade unionist.
                  Then they came for me
                  and there was no one left
                  to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller
                  Last edited by Dr Evil; 8 February 2006, 22:15.

Comment

In a time of increasing problems surrounding us, one also becomes aware of the enormous amount of ignorance. The icons of the doomed are those that tell them they are doomed. Solutions, rarely offered, because, when scrutinised, wordy dreams, reiterated protest becomes inherently masochistic self-denial. As paranoia sets in, anger is channelled against oneself in violence and self-doubt, rather than against the system. To actually do something constructive against the system becomes an ideal, no longer a reality, something to write about...the doomed flock to the latest banner, they turn around and shout. Meanwhile the parasites sit back and get bored deciding your future...they can't hear the shouting 'cos its not loud enough...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Alf, which Dylan album is this on again?

Originally posted by darmstadt
                      In a time of increasing problems surrounding us, one also becomes aware of the enormous amount of ignorance. The icons of the doomed are those that tell them they are doomed. Solutions, rarely offered, because, when scrutinised, wordy dreams, reiterated protest becomes inherently masochistic self-denial. As paranoia sets in, anger is channelled against oneself in violence and self-doubt, rather than against the system. To actually do something constructive against the system becomes an ideal, no longer a reality, something to write about...the doomed flock to the latest banner, they turn around and shout. Meanwhile the parasites sit back and get bored deciding your future...they can't hear the shouting 'cos its not loud enough...
                      Only joshing
                      Why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X