• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The best of Bob 'quotes' thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Namaste,

Please provide inputs
    Is working fine. Hence not a defect.
    Require to verify.
    Awaiting updation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
      I'm not sure there is such a language as Indian? Aren't there about 30 odd languages/dialects to choose from?

edit: having said that though MP, I do agree with your sentiments.
      Ha. I know, I just assumed this thread was dedicated to 'em all.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        you sure?
        I thought that meant this week
        'next to next week' does seem to mean the week after next. It kind of makes sense when you think about it. Ish.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

"Is working fine. Hence not a defect" is one I encountered often. It lead to many arguments (I think they thought they could outfox me - they were wrong).
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Received only a couple of weeks back

"Sorry for the incontinence".

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              "Is working fine. Hence not a defect" is one I encountered often. It lead to many arguments (I think they thought they could outfox me - they were wrong).
              Not arguments, discussions. Usually resulting in a CR. And swearing.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                Received only a couple of weeks back

"Sorry for the incontinence".
                How appropriate
                Last edited by Sysman; 16 October 2010, 22:50.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

An ex-colleague of mine recently had one IT department of his in-sourced (if that's the word) back to the north-east office . He said it took him a good four years to understand the quirks and cadence of indian-english and was expecting about the same amount of time to adjust to geordie-english.

Apologies to any geordies out there

Comment

Working...
                  X