• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Endowment Policies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    After paying £25,000 into a Standard Life endowment policy, 15 years on; what would you expect get back? Well with my policy, in now worth £13,000, much less that what I paid in. My money would have been better invested in a shoe box or under the mattress. Standard Life have done very well out the deal making £12k in fees for their expertise in investing my cash.

Never trust anyone with your hard earned money.
    Especially white middle class blokes with suits. We now have a Dutch government promising to cut immigration of young brown folk, but it wasn't some black kid that nicked my pension; it was a white Dutchman. Worse still, it doesn't appear in the crime figures because swindling people is perfectly legal for banks and insurers.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 14 October 2010, 13:33.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Especially white middle class blokes with suits. We now have a Dutch government promising to cut immigration of young brown folk, but it wasn't some black kid that nicked my pension; it was a white Dutchman. Worse still, it doesn't appear in the crime figures because swindling people is perfectly legal for banks and insurers.
      Even worse is that the law is tipped in favour of financial institutions and when the law protecting financial institutions is not good enough for their purposes they forge documents and bribe judges. Just one example of this is going on in the USA where lenders have been caught out forging thousands of documents to get foreclosures in circumstances that were not valid.

I have phoned various banks on numerous occasions only to find out that the computer records have been falsified. Eg: "We telephoned you on XX Dated and you agreed to something " when in fact I blatantly did not.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Even worse is that the law is tipped in favour of financial institutions and when the law protecting financial institutions is not good enough for their purposes they forge documents and bribe judges. Just one example of this is going on in the USA where lenders have been caught out forging thousands of documents to get foreclosures in circumstances that were not valid.

I have phoned various banks on numerous occasions only to find out that the computer records have been falsified. Eg: "We telephoned you on XX Dated and you agreed to something " when in fact I blatantly did not.
        I have tested several bank systems and I'm convinced that any auditor prepared to sign off the accounts of those particular banks is either incompetent, corrupt or both. Some day a big bank will go bust or lose huge sums of it's customers' money due to a software fault that was reported by testers but accepted by senior management who were pushing for their bonus. Happens all the time and I've had enough of it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          I got caught out by that as well.... I was after 100k life only policy to provide for the family if anything happened to me - My financial advisor suggested a policy written in trust which would cover until age 65... I thought that meant 100k cover until 65.... missed the small print which gave them the right to review cover against premiums after every 10 years.... 100k cover is now 65k & another review in 5 years ho fookin hum
          They really do see you coming don't they?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Some day a big bank will go bust or lose huge sums of it's customers' money due to a software fault that was reported by testers but accepted by senior management who were pushing for their bonus. Happens all the time and I've had enough of it.
            This ain't got much to do with audit of the bank (insofar balance sheet is concerned). Software faults are not on agenda because banks make such tulipy investment decisions that no software can cause bigger losses than loaning lots of money to people who can't repay it.

Comment

I have worked for banks and pointed out faults in their systems. At one bank there was a bug in that some letters and statements for customers would not be printed. I still wonder today how much hardship it had caused customers in not recieving them. The Bank kept quiet about the error.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
              X