• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 years? Is that all?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years? Is that all?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4690224.stm

He'll be out in about 2, with time already served.
    I wonder if they'll let him keep the hook on...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Now youve made him a martyr for the cause.

Just like Iraq is now an Islamic Republic and have censured Denmark over the cartoons with a trade embargo.

Congratulations.

Comment

It will be easier to deport him as he will have relevant criminal record here.

Comment

Actually as soon as he comes out

Originally posted by AtW
        It will be easier to deport him as he will have relevant criminal record here.
        The americans want him for other charges relating to incitement to murder and aiding and abetting murder, so hopefully he'll have a nice time in a UK jail and then they'll fry him in the US.
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock

Just like Iraq is now an Islamic Republic and have censured Denmark over the cartoons with a trade embargo.

Congratulations.

Bring it on - islam is due a cull

Do you acutally want the West to lose its dominance? Do you want us all to become global losers?

You may turn the other cheek and want us all to live in peace but the opposition doesn't want that they want to win and nothing will change that.

Have you done anything of note? Have you achieved anything? I'd like to know how much experience/wisdom lies behind your words, you sound very good but thats not enough there needs to be some meat behind the words.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4690224.stm

He'll be out in about 2, with time already served.
            I wonder if they'll let him keep the hook on...
            He was found guilty of incitement to murder, and gets 7 years. It sounds a lenient trifle to me. Esp. given that the mosque at which he preached was home to numerous suicide bombers (successful and failed). Maybe if he'd blown himself up, they would have given him 15 years, or life?

I think they should replace his hooks with sink plungers. Then he could earn an honest living.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by vista
              Bring it on - islam is due a cull
              From the sounds of it, the terrorists have achieved their aim i.e. provoke conflict. I work with a lot of Muslims, and the vast majority are a very placid lot, though a few wild ones are partial to the odd beer on the side when no-one is watching. You'd be hard pressed to tell them from the rest of the population most of the time. Most are quite frightened because non-muslim extremists are tarring them all with the same brush. Attacks on Muslims far outnumber attacks on Jews.

For goodness sake, drop the racism. I know it's trendy and right on these days but saying that Islam is due a cull is one step away from Nazism. Learn to differentiate the nutty fruitcakes from the ordinary people.

BTW according to interviews with Arabs in Lebanon, the riots were orchestrated (by the gov?) and packed with outsiders.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                He was found guilty of incitement to murder, and gets 7 years.
                7 years sounds reasonable - a drunk motorist who actually kills someone is not likely to get more than that.

Comment

he blew himself up trying to make a bomb (according to channel 4 tonight).

that's why he's got no hands.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock

Congratulations.
                    What would you suggest that we should do with him then Alf? I agree that this will fuel the fire for the extremists but a bunch of cartoons have done that. Should we have just ignored him and hope he went away? In light of police revelations today we should have acted sooner

Comment

Working...
                    X