• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worthless pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    As always, I have to be careful what and how I say things.....

In fact, just look for stories in the financial news about 'competitive devaluations' or 'currency wars'.

Such as sminki and sminki

One of the reasons why my euro invoices are making me

How do you start a currency war in the euro zone with many countries?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      How do you start a currency war in the euro zone with many countries?
      Ah, now you have found the fatal flaw in the euro concept - member states cannot devalue themselves into competitiveness.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        Ok, as the trend continues England will soon be worth nothing...
        £1 = $1.59 this is pretty much bang in the middle of what it's been the last year. And against the Euro it's back where it was when things went silly. So basically, we're back where we were a while ago. Oh no.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Ah, now you have found the fatal flaw in the euro concept - member states cannot devalue themselves into competitiveness.
          It's not a flaw, it's intended result to make sure member states compete on the basis of what they do well (like exports in Germany) rather than using financial wizardry to get out of hole they dug for themselves.

Additioanlly for weak euro members countries it means that there is no sudden collapse in currency and population does not get ****ed with massively increased import prices, ie inflation - as someone who saw ruble dropped 400% in a space of a few months, that's when people get real proper ******.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Global currency being the next step (around 8-10 years is my prediction.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's not a flaw, it's intended result to make sure member states compete on the basis of what they do well (like exports in Germany) rather than using financial wizardry to get out of hole they dug for themselves.

Additioanlly for weak euro members countries it means that there is no sudden collapse in currency and population does not get ****ed with massively increased import prices, ie inflation - as someone who saw ruble dropped 400% in a space of a few months, that's when people get real proper ******.
            Dear oh dear. Tell that to the Irish, the Greeks, the Spanish, and the Germans who are subsidising them. The first three wouldn't have half their current problems if they still had their own currencies floating with their respective economies and reining in their excesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Dear oh dear. Tell that to the Irish, the Greeks, the Spanish, and the Germans who are subsidising them. The first three wouldn't have half their current problems if they still had their own currencies floating with their respective economies and reining in their excesses.
              I thought the latest wheeze being mooted was to have Northern & Southern Euros....should get interesting
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The first three wouldn't have half their current problems if they still had their own currencies floating with their respective economies and reining in their excesses.
                They'd have lots of problems - certainly default of their debt because they wold not have been able to sell their Govt debt using their local currencies, they'd have to use dollars and their local currency would have collapsed, I've seen that in Russia in 1998 - you don't have any ****** clue what is it to see your local currency go down 400% in a space of a few weeks, Govt bonds in default and all foreign embassies making it much harder to emigrate

Comment

Would you care to voice your opinions on why I got a for my comments on a global currency?
                  I am bookmarking this post for when it happens so I can GIRUY.

HTH
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Have a look round everything shall soon be going for a pound.... Going down
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What has an individual country's economic competence got to do with currency war?

Comment

Working...
                      X