• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London to Paris by cycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Anybody seriously planning on doing this?
    The trouble is, you end up in Paris, which is a dump. Riding the other direction and ending up in London would make far more sense.

Comment

Maybe I missed it in the article. How far? How long?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Maybe I missed it in the article. How far? How long?
        About 250 miles. With a four hour ferry crossing in the middle.
        So doable over a long weekend, more enjoyable over four of five days. I reckon 5 days including travelling back.

Quote from article -

“A fit and healthy pensioner with plenty of cycling experience would have no major problems.”

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          The trouble is, you end up in Paris, which is a dump. Riding the other direction and ending up in London would make far more sense.
          Yes, at least you wouldn't end up in a dump then - oh, hang on...

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            Yes, at least you wouldn't end up in a dump then - oh, hang on...

I can't believe that people think London's a dump. It's absolutely stunning at the moment. A properly revived city. I've spent quite a lot of time in both Paris and London this year and, like I said, I have absolutely no doubt about which direction I'd want to be riding in.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              I have absolutely no doubt about which direction I'd want to be riding in.
              Me neither. Whatever direction took me well away from both tulipholes!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oui, Oui monsieur. Just booked my ferry ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Oui, Oui monsieur. Just booked my ferry ticket.
                  we'll be expecting another blog with regular updates and beer/wine of the day of course
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    we'll be expecting another blog with regular updates and beer/wine of the day of course
                    I'm not paying roaming data charges!! Will give full report when I get back. Booked for end of May.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      I'm not paying roaming data charges!! Will give full report when I get back. Booked for end of May.
                      booooooo!

but you could find a pub with wifi and do it there
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X