• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official CUK The Apprentice 2010 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I was thinking of applying for ths years show but then - damn! - NASA called me. Had to blow The Apprentice out and am soooo gutted
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      The usual sorry bunch of wannabees i.e call centre warriors, people that are 'successful' (but for some reason don't want to pick up that 6 figure salary they've worked so hard to get). Boring, boring, boring. They'll end up being rent collectors for Srallen.
      actually most of them will end up being fired before they earn a penny
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I like the Apprentice. Don't take it so seriously. It's just a bit of fun.
        Absolutely. It's obvious that the only real skill SurAlan can appreciate is sales. He's looking for the candidate who can sell carp like his emailer machine. In the meantime we can enjoy the various candidates bitching about each other.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I'm looking forward to it.

As sad as some of the contenstants may be my concern is that they influence people to behave like they do in the workplace.

I'm sure we've all had to deal with our fair share of snotty, stuck up VIP (very important permie) users - you know the ones... trying to get noticed and trying to 'go the extra mile' at other people's expense

One of them even said 'be careful who you step on on the way up as you'll never know who you might need on the way back down'...

Oh well, I suppose we need these people to pay higher rate taxes don't we
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yup, looking as clueless as ever.

The candidates are thrown straight in at the deep end with their first task: to produce a range of sausages ready to be sold the next morning.

Each team is given a crash course in crafting the perfect banger, before hitting the streets at the crack of dawn in hopes of selling their stock and avoiding the firing line in the boardroom. With highly competitive candidates all desperate to prove their worth, it is not long before tensions rise, tempers flare, and things start to get very messy.

As a treat, the winning team get the keys to their new home - a stunning Georgian townhouse in London's West End. The losers face a different fate, with someone being the first of the season to hear the infamous words: you're fired.

Comment

Yes, but who will be doing the live show afterwards? And they've replaced the humble lawyer with some snobby blonde. Wife will watch it while I try an figure out the intricacies of MVC whilst simultaneously putting the kids to sleep.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I believe that Dara OI'MassiveBrain is doing the after-show...

Some interesting stuff about the candidates:

apprenticlinky

This one looks particularly interesting

Age: 26 Occupation: Head of Communications (Unemployed) Lives: Manchester

Alex Epstein spent much of his childhood dreaming up new products and credits himself with originally conceiving the bendy-bus. Describing himself as “unconventional”, Alex was a prefect in school and was awarded 10 A* at GCSE. Sacked from his first job making ice-cream at Haagen Dazs, Alex later found his forte in corporate communications and fell victim to the recession before he applied for The Apprentice. He once sang the American National Anthem with his fellow school pupils to President Bush Snr at a charity dinner.

He Says: “Be different. When everyone is zigging, you should zag.”
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

'I am Stuart Baggs: The Brand'

No lad, you're Stuart Baggs: The Twat.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I wouldn't feed the boys sausages to a dog.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Dan: 24 carat arsehole.

Comment

Working...
                      X