• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice for El Duder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for El Duder

A new study shows that women fall for the funny guy and guys fall for women who laugh at their jokes. Getting people to laugh at your jokes is obviously a big deal, and not just for those who lack the talent or the timing needed for squeezing laughter out of lines, says recent research conducted by Eric Bressler of Westfield State College, Massachusetts, and Sigal Balshine of McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.

The scientists believe their research throws new light on the evolutionary origins of our sense of humour. According to one theory, women prefer funny men because their wit reveals an active and healthy brain — and a fine set of underlying genes. Accordingly, humour could be a powerful and reliable indicator of creativity and intelligence that conferred a much-sought-after evolutionary advantage.
    Women fall for the wittiest guy
    So there you go, el duder. Forget sending that girly emails with video attachments of you jacking off, watch a couple of Jim Davidson videos, swill a nice cool refreshing can of Sprite, and wow her with your enormous sense of humour.

I completely agree with this advice/survey... a man who makes a woman laugh will mot likely gain her heart too...

btw have you ever noticed that you view people through their personality, behaviour or mood, I am surprised somehow at the way I view some guys around me, when they are being kind/ optimistic/ happy there's this kind of sunshine atmosphere around them that tricks the brain that they are quite good looking, sometimes I observe the same person being nasty / grumpy and very unkind to others around him and the brain is instantly associating this person to being so ugly ..... its a bit like when you first meet someone and start going out with them, and once you really know what they are like you tell yourself, what on earth did I see in him/her??

Comment

Sandy, el duder makes plenty of women laugh but some reason it just doesn't seem to be having the same effect for him.

But, you are correct of course. Ask many people why they are with the person they are with and I guess the most common answer is "because he/she makes me laugh".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box

But, you are correct of course. Ask many people why they are with the person they are with and I guess the most common answer is "because he/she makes me laugh".
        So that's the reason why Brad Pitt is so popular. It's because he's so funny.

Why can't they just admit the truth and be so hypocritical? women are just as low and futile in their selection as men are (and at least we go for something of practical use, like big jugs ).
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

thanks luciefer

cheers for standing up for me!

Comment

El D,

I think there's a crucial difference as to whether women laugh with you or at you. Try to convert the latter into the former.

SG in 'HTH' mode.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X