• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In Brussels!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro is a bit tuliplike - certainly worse than London's, bought some snacks and drinks at shop on the train station and did not get offered a bag to carry them

Train ticket machine did not like 1 euro coins

No jacuzzi in my hotel room, I'll be asking for a refund!!!

Comment

Oh by the way AtW, if you go to Trulli’s they won’t let you in if you’re wearing a shellsuit and a fake Rolex (in fact not even a real Rolex as it's a sign of being arriviste); they don’t like that kind of thing. They're from Turin; they have class.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I don't wear any watch.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I don't wear any watch.
          But you don't deny wearing a shellsuit.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

FFS don't send AtW to Trulli's. People would stare as the Belgies are not as polite/don't tolerate eccentrics/have not as much aplomb as Brits.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              FFS don't send AtW to Trulli's. People would stare as the Belgies are not as polite/don't tolerate eccentrics/have not as much aplomb as Brits.
              Yeah but be fair sas, what did you expect, walking in there in your Village People costume?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                FFS AtW, the EU HQ is in Brussels because the food is so bloody good. You don't think that overpaid civil servants, bankers and international tax lawyers are going to set up shop above a kebab vendor in bloody Swindon do you?
                Spot on.

And after experiencing an Ibis or two your remarks on those are correct; I have avoided them like the plague ever since.

A family run hotel will probably have a much better restaurant as well.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Spot on.

And after experiencing an Ibis or two your remarks on those are correct; I have avoided them like the plague ever since.

A family run hotel will probably have a much better restaurant as well.
                  I've been staying in the Ibis here since February and its actually quite good, very friendly staff, quite rooms and an underground carpark which you can only access by driving your car into a lift, and the price is pretty good (they even find me a room even when apparently fully booked out.) The one in Köln center on the other hand, its not too bad but like the one I stayed in in Bonn all of last year has this bloody airduct in the room and you can hear whats going on in every room above and below you. Lucky that Ibis hotels have spare towels which I used to plug up this duct.

I stay also in family hotels and some of them are right tulip. One I stayed in right in the center of Bonn had no lift and my room seemed to be someones apartment right up the top in the attic with a staircase that would make Everest look easy and I won't talk about the one in Amsterdam or the couple in the UK...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's gone very quiet!
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                      It's gone very quiet!
                      I reckon he's tied up in just his stained white y-fronts, hanging from a wall, large red ball gag in his mouth and a gimp mask struggling against the rope and wondering why the hell he choose a pre-op transexual hooker from the Ukraine last night after a couple of beers!!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X