• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'm sure you'll be fine though
    Maybe I should take you with me as an insurance policy.

Fancy getting some chocolate from Brussels?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Maybe I should take you with me as an insurance policy.

Fancy getting some chocolate from Brussels?
      That's very kind but maybe you could just bring me a bag of chips - hold the mayo. Oh, and a lager. Ta.

Seriously - is this an exciting business trip? Conference?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Seriously - is this an exciting business trip? Conference?
        It's a business trip but it won't be exciting for sure

They'd better serve Stella in their pubs

Comment

Their brown beers are nice but maybe also Oranjeboom (think that may be a Dutch one actually)
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Asking for stella is probably like asking for Fosters in Australia.

Try something you can't buy in tescos, and preferably something served in a strange glass.
            ...like this:

Comment

Eurostar is great and you are only in that opressive, crushing death trap under the channel for 20 mins.
              Yeah, right. I took my kids to Eurodisney a while back. On the way back the train stopped in the middle of the tunnel. And I mean stopped, stopped. For about an hour and an half. The dependable Euro staff came on the tannoy to advise that we were stuck because the train in front had broken down, blocking the exit. And they helpfully added that to conserve power they would be switching the lights off.

I think someone might have reminded them that this train from Eurodisney was full of young kids who would probably not take too well to having the lights switched off, because the lights stayed on. Meanwhile my young son was absolutely convinced that another train was going to take us in the rear, and that we were goners. It was just a very unpleasant experience. It might have been sensible if they had moved us into the emergency tunnel - but they didn't.

We arrived back at Waterloo in time to catch the last train out of London, on the very same evening that England had just won a major footie match - so the place was brimming with footie supporters who had had a bit too much to drink. It wasn't a very pleasant journey, and we were very glad when we finally got home.

So all the stories recently about the Eurotrain not breaking down in the tunnel were kack. If we couldn't go forward they could have pulled us back to France - they didn't. We were stuck right in the middle of the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
                I never had you down for a wimp.........
                Not been here long have you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Asking for stella is probably like asking for Fosters in Australia.

Try something you can't buy in tescos, and preferably something served in a strange glass.
                  ...like this:

Mmmmmmmmm my favourite Belgian Beer.
                  Two of those and AtW will need the Air Ambulance to get him home!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

or maybe North West Frontier (1959)
                    (good film actually, once the journey starts)
                    & quelle suprise... the baddie is a muslim
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      & quelle suprise... the baddie is a muslim
                      What about the Crusades, who were the baddies back then?

Comment

Working...
                      X