• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
    I never had you down for a wimp.........
    Are you talking to me, you %£"%"£^%"£%£?"!?!?! OUTSIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Apparently 40 mins underground - a lot can go wrong in this time frame, it would also be probably impossible to post on here whilst there
      It'll be fine.
      I actually quite enjoyed using eurostar, even though I had to take my trip just following the winter chaos where trains broke down due to sudden temperature shock.
      Now that the new high speed part of the track is open from St Pancras, the trains blast out of london at a very satisfying pace and as I confirmed using my phones GPS we were zipping along through Kent at about 185mph.
      You still get the whole airline style security checks before you can board the train, but it is far more civilised and nothing like the sausage factory experience at most airports.

Enjoy.

Comment

I am afraid of flying.

Underground is ok, though this would be the first time when it would be totally underwater and I can't swim either
        If it meant flying on paddyAir or someone else's cattle class it would scare me too.

I'm supposed to be going to a presentation in Victoria on Tuesday, but it means I'd have to go on the underground during the rush-hour which I am too scared to use anymore. I'm looking into a bus ride. It's not worth a cab fare each way.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          Now that the new high speed part of the track is open from St Pancras, the trains blast out of london at a very satisfying pace and as I confirmed using my phones GPS we were zipping along through Kent at about 185mph.
          You still get the whole airline style security checks before you can board the train, but it is far more civilised and nothing like the sausage factory experience at most airports.

Enjoy.
          Not on Friday they didn't -late leaving St P and crawled through Kent, the usual 32 mins took an hour!! useless feckwits
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Not on Friday they didn't -late leaving St P and crawled through Kent, the usual 32 mins took an hour!! useless feckwits
            The train was too heavy with British emigrants leaving the country for good?

Comment

Eurostar is great and you are only in that opressive, crushing death trap under the channel for 20 mins.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                you are only in that opressive, crushing death trap under the channel for 20 mins.

Comment

Travelling tomorrow to mainland Europe, usually when I travel I watch "Final Destination", however since this time it is by Euro train does it mean I should watch "Daylight" instead?
                  Try Under Siege 2 (1995)

Casey Ryback hops on a Colorado to LA train to start a vacation with his niece. Early into the trip, terrorists board the train and use it as a mobile HQ to hijack a top secret destructive US satellite.
                  or maybe North West Frontier (1959)

In British India, a young prince must be taken to safey across rebel-held territory, and an old steam train is the only way to do it.
                  (good film actually, once the journey starts)

Oh and Alexie, although I shouldn't really tell anyone this, there's a button under the Prime Minister's desk which he can press in the event of an invasion through the Channel Tunnel. It sets off a series of explosions along the ceiling which collapse and flood the tunnel in a few seconds.

P.S. Have a good trip.
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 September 2010, 16:48.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    and Alexie, although I shouldn't really tell anyone this, there's a button under the Prime Minister's desk which he can press in the event of an invasion through the Channel Tunnel. It sets off a series of explosions along the ceiling which collapse and flood the tunnel in a few seconds.
                    Should I assume that this is not the case on the French's part of the tunnel, presumably after the mid-point of it?

Comment

Should I assume that this is not the case on the French's part of the tunnel, presumably after the mid-point of it?
                      The French have a button to be used in the event of a British-based zombie invasion via the tunnel.

I'm sure you'll be fine though
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X