• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you bring back from the past?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's World. Nothing like a bit of Raymond Baxter telling us what we are supposed to be living like today.

Comment

Politicians with some real life experience ... it seems Miliband graduated and after a 'very brief and unsuccessful career in the media' went into politics

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Politicians with some real life experience ... it seems Miliband graduated and after a 'very brief and unsuccessful career in the media' went into politics

That is better that the current PM.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Roger Rabit

Comment

Capital punishment for treason! B'liar beware.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Proper language like in the films, such as Crikey, Jolly good show, and Well I never.

They would be instead of f***ing hell, f***ing hell and, er, f***ing hell.

Comment

Ian Dury. I've spent many days listening to his music.

Billy Bremner. Marching on together.

Agamemnon, but not his brother. I like my pasta fresh, not flown.

Dodos. I'd like to eat one, just to know what it was like.

That ginger haired girl I met in Brighton, around 1986.

Comment

Proper pubs that offer beer in mugs as standard

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I would bring back the time when seeing three cars on the road meant it was busy. And people used roundabouts properly.
                    and the rag and bone man would give you a balloon for your mums old washing machine

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

100w light bulbs!!

Oh how I hate these 'energy saving' ones that take 5 mins to get up to speed.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                      X