• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a Launderette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a joke right? I mean like why would anyone want the stress of owning 4 laundrettes to bring in a couple of hundred quid each week?

You're better off opening a butchers, perhaps in a halal area. And then buying cheap knock-off meat that isn't halal and selling it there.

Or how about a store that imports non-branded Chinese electrical items and sells them? You could arrange a deal with Chinese manufacturers directly so that they provide warranties etc. which would give consumers more confidence in buying their product.

These are just 2 of the great ideas to come out of Chimp towers. I will be releasing a book soon as a compilation of business ideas which you will no doubt find intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      How much are the laundrettes?

around 38k each
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
        around 38k each
        So some 150k outlay for some 20-25k profit per annum, bad deal imo

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
          But that's how many business take overs opperate. You pay up front, to make LONG term profits...

If some one wants to take over a £1miilion a year profit business, they need to pay a hell of a lot more than 1 million to buy it....

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
            around 38k each
            Freehold I assume? Not bad. Seems like a good return.

And of course..... cash.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              You're better off opening a butchers, perhaps in a halal area. And then buying cheap knock-off meat that isn't halal and selling it there.

Or how about a store that imports non-branded Chinese electrical items and sells them? You could arrange a deal with Chinese manufacturers directly so that they provide warranties etc. which would give consumers more confidence in buying their product.
              Okay own up. Who are you and what are you doing rifling through MF's Plan B Folder??
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Okay own up. Who are you and what are you doing rifling through MF's Plan B Folder??
                Oh you wouldn't believe whats in my Plan B folder.

I'm pitching on the next Dragons Den with my new product 'Conkers in a Box'. Four conkers, one in vinegar, one baked and two natural, scoresheet and already threaded.

This to follow up with 'Hopscotch in a Box'. Four pieces of chalk and sheet with a diagram and some rhymes.

'Table Rugby in a Box'. A special 'Rugby' coin, the rules and a little set of Rugby posts

'Pitch 'n' Toss in a Box'. Rules, coins and a tote

The list goes on........
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Oh you wouldn't believe whats in my Plan B folder.

I'm pitching on the next Dragons Den with my new product 'Conkers in a Box'. Four conkers, one in vinegar, one baked and two natural, scoresheet and already threaded.

This to follow up with 'Hopscotch in a Box'. Four pieces of chalk and sheet with a diagram and some rhymes.

'Table Rugby in a Box'. A special 'Rugby' coin, the rules and a little set of Rugby posts

'Toss in a Box'. Rules, nudie photos of Gricers mum and tissues

The list goes on........
                  FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
                    "Not so wise" is the right name - that actually sounds like a very good deal to me - on those figures.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X