• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh nads they've only gone and offered me a permie role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to say no when I get offered a job of any description but I would only take it if you can chuck 18-24 months at it. If it opens a way to some good experience (i.e. future revenue earner) that is a big plus but if it is just using existing skills (have to read between the lines of what they have told you !!) then I would be less keen.
    Some say there is a storm coming and safe harbour is a very good option for a year or 2…

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      I find it hard to say no when I get offered a job of any description but I would only take it if you can chuck 18-24 months at it. If it opens a way to some good experience (i.e. future revenue earner) that is a big plus but if it is just using existing skills (have to read between the lines of what they have told you !!) then I would be less keen.
      Some say there is a storm coming and safe harbour is a very good option for a year or 2…
      Agree with everything you've said there lukemg, thanks for the advice.

Comment

No such thing as a permanent role anyway - they're all temporary. If the money suits, take it.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          No such thing as a permanent role anyway
          sshhhh there are permies around here!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X