• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agony aunt required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Few options

1) Treat her like tulip for a while until she leaves you
    2) Tell her you're gay
    3) Get caught with someone else
    4 Do a runner
    5) Just tell her

I've done all five at some , but number 5 is the most difficult. Nothing worse than a lass clinging to your leg like a homesick turd.
    ...and they had suspected number 2 for some time, right?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      **** her over and ruin her holiday. Classy.

Make sure and film yourself having a threesome with a couple of hookers in the bed you share and leave it in the video for her to watch when she get in as well.
      Is he a Premiership footballer then?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Is he a Premiership footballer then?
        He's either an Aussie or a Kiwi. So can only have reached Premiership levels at whining or belching.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          I'm at a crossroads and I need a push.
          Wrong forum, wrong location; we're only any good at pushing if you're standing on the edge of a tall building.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Learn to dress on the other side.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Oh dear
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Nice clean break I reckon. Don't leave her stuffed though, pay up what is needed and another months rent to keep her ticking over. Leave her a note making it clear you are not coming back. Of course it's the cowards way out but it's going to sting either way.
                She will be expecting contact while she is away are you just going to 'go dark' ?

Comment

Insure yourself to the hilt, with her as beneficiary. Then fake your own death. I'm sure many of us would be glad to make it look so incredibly real, that even you won't be able to tell.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    I'm at a crossroads and I need a push. I know that y'all are nothing if not candid, so maybe one of you can give me the verbal ass-kicking I need. Here's my personal situation:

* I've been with my girlfriend here in London for years and years.
                    * I can't bring myself to marry her
                    * I want to go back to NZ/Oz to be closer to my folks and my new neice whom I've never seen (and to escape the winter)
                    * My girlfriend is European and doesn't want to leave London
                    * She never wants to have kids

This is where it gets really dire:

* I can't bring myself to say goodbye, so my plan is to wait until she goes to the US for a short trip in November and then pack up and fly out.
                    * When she gets home I'm pretty sure she will be devastated.
                    * I don't know how I will handle being on my own after so many years with her, even though I've never been really happy with her.

Well, that's the gist of it. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.
                    I've been through this a few times in my life and I went with my heart. It was a big mistake and cost me dearly. Please make my lost money, time and prospects worth my advice: dump her now!
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You are Minty from Eastenders and I claim my crisp £5
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X