• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avast, ye Dirty Swabs! It be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, and I am with Her Majesty's Royal Navy and we've enough rope for yer necks
    Ye'll n'er take us alive Landlubber!! Arrrrrr!

Comment

Arr, by th' powers, tis nay much known in these here parts but sea dogs be democratic, so they were:

Gentleman o' fortune communities be some o' th' first t' instate a system o' checks an' balances similar t' th' one used by th' present-tide United States an' many other countries. Arr.

Both th' captain an' th' quartermaster be elected by th' crew; they, in turn, appointed th' other ship`s officers. Th' captain o' a seafarin' hearty ship be often a fierce swashbuckler in whom th' men could place the'r trust, rather than a more traditional captainliness figure sanctioned by an elite. Arr.

There be contemporary records that many seafarin' heartys placed a portion o' any captured treasure into a central fund that be used t' compensate th' injuries sustained by th' crew. Lists show standardised payments o' 600 pieces o' eight ($156,000 in modern currency) fer th' loss o' a leg down t' 100 pieces ($26,800) fer loss o' an eye. Often all o' these terms be agreed upon an' written down by th' seafarin' heartys, but these articles could also be used as incriminatin' proof that they be outlaws. Arr.
      Piracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Arr, bound by the articles. Fair brings water t' th' eyes.

Comment

gaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No quarter given, none expected.

Code:
                 {}           {}
                   \  _---_  /
                    \/     \/ 
                     |() ()| 
                      \ + /  
                     / HHH  \
                    /  \_/   \ 
                  {}          {}

Comment

My credo.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X