• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sum up your current project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting on ass waiting for phone to ring. Which it did yesterday. Meeting with potential client on Monday.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Inherited mess, managed by inexperienced idiots, under resourced, over budget, badly planned, no stake holder management,no proper UI, infrastructure, no sufficient system or UAT testing etc... etc... etc.....

Am expected to turn this around without the right resources or funding and continue within the restrictive time lines to a user base who will not accept or use this.

Funnily enough I won't be renewing this gig as there is no way in hell I'm attaching my name to this mess.
      Last edited by norrahe; 17 September 2010, 11:23.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A 5 month project that will probably end up taking 5 years.

One half of the business being so risk-averse they would take a week to assess & sign-off the purchase of a stapler - The other half never having heard of such terms as 'governance', 'standards' or 'PMO'.
        Boys & girls - these are the trenches in no-mans-land where Corporate and IB meet.

Comment

which one!!

but in general each one will fit into all of the above types

at least it makes it interesting......

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Google Web Toolkit
            Unfortunately yes.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Unfortunately yes.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Stuck on a floor with 2 people. 50 empty seats.

It's like a freaking morgue.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  A 5 month project that will probably end up taking 5 years.

One half of the business being so risk-averse they would take a week to assess & sign-off the purchase of a stapler - The other half never having heard of such terms as 'governance', 'standards' or 'PMO'.
                  Boys & girls - these are the trenches in no-mans-land where Corporate and IB meet.

Classic
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Drinking tea and surfing....
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Project 1 - Excellent, should call it a process as there is no end and I keep getting extended
                      Project 2- ******* bunch of tulip
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X