• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you stay motivated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Hm, not sure I agree with that statement!
    Blagging is accepted as par for the course.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      "Making it up as you go along is what it's all about" - Craig Colclough - 2009
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's already been mentioned and we've deduced that MF is at the bottom of the food-chain.
        The he needs to get further up the food chain. You can't do that by doing stuff; you have to demonstrate an ability to get other people to do stuff.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          "Making it up as you go along is what it's all about" - Craig Colclough - 2009
          Come now dear boy, you know there's a difference that you could fly your average multi-role combat aircraft through.

Comment

Awaken the Giant within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Life: Amazon.co.uk: Anthony Robbins: Books

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              The he needs to get further up the food chain. You can't do that by doing stuff; you have to demonstrate an ability to get other people to do stuff.
              I have 'purposely' dropped down the food chain this year since jacking in my senior perm role last year for another senior role which fell through.

Hence my return to contracting & CUK earlier in the year. Decided to contract locally only as I rearrange other business stuff. I took the senior stuff of my CV for this last role and 'forgot' to mention I was more senior than the role wanted.

I don't have to do it, I choose to do it. So it's my fault.

Comment

duly noted Mr Prawn

Comment

I have 'purposely' dropped down the food chain this year since jacking in my senior perm role last year for another senior role which fell through.

Hence my return to contracting & CUK earlier in the year. Decided to contract locally only as I rearrange other business stuff. I took the senior stuff of my CV for this last role and 'forgot' to mention I was more senior than the role wanted.

Oh dear.

Never apologise.

Never explain.

Comment

purposefully, off

Senior eh?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      purposefully, off

Senior eh?
                      purposely - definition of purposely by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Piss off.

Comment

Working...
                      X