• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Jeez. Someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning.
    Sounds like he may have spent some time on the Demolition Derby that is "Divorce"!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Start subtley to apply pressure and disappointment at his next travel plans and make sure you show as little interest as possible in his tales of travel.
      Make sure that you reward him with a pleasant attitude when he is doing what you want and the reverse when he doesn't. Make sure to talk to your friends and family to validate what you are doing and convince you that you are right and he is a selfish pig who needs 'to change'. Once you have squeezed all that nasty 'wanting to do what makes him happy' stuff out of him, sack him off for being 'not the man I thought he was'.....Contact friends to confirm you were right.
      I hope he realises first and bails....
      Envious of him lukemsg? Rather a misogynist post there.

If both parties are happy with the arrangement then all is well and balanced. If one party is unhappy then the relationship is unbalanced and all is not well.

It's just a question of yin and yang.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
        going to meet my OH who has just travelled a long long way on the trans-siberian, we spoke for the first time in two weeks the other night and I'm thinking this might not be a great relationship if he spends his holidays doing this rather than something with me.... most men I know buy holidays for both when they can, mine goes where he likes and sometimes includes me but not always
        I go on trips on my own, mostly Rome which my OH frequently pays for. I wouldn't worry about it if everything else is fine with your relationship. Some people just need some time on their own every so often.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          I go on trips on my own, mostly Rome which my OH frequently pays for. I wouldn't worry about it if everything else is fine with your relationship. Some people just need some time on their own every so often.
          Quite. I often go off with my barber shop quartet for whole weekends when we are gigging away from home. I wouldn't want a partner who has the green eyed monster just because we get up to bags of 'tag' dances and 'Musical Knees' and Bigamy games.

Comment

Well, ok, maybe a snap judgement of the situation based on very few facts but seen a lot of blokes turned into people they don’t want to be with eventual bad consequences for kids etc.
            Yes there are a fair few blokes who go over the top on the control side (always due to insecurity) but the old adage that – Upon getting married - A woman expects a bloke to change and he doesn’t, wheras the man doesn’t expect the woman to change – and she does, rings pretty true to me.
            Women usually have a capacity for change and expect to do so over time. This is much reduced for a bloke, even if he can be ’tamed’, he might even start thinking it is his idea – For a while.
            Point is – Forget the work in progress, if only he would change rubbish, find one who shares your own views or wants to devote his life to ’making you happy’ – I guarantee you will find the level of attention stifling and painfully dull very quickly.
            Sorry to say it girls but you kind of need to feel that slight edge to maintain interest !

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
              Well, ok, maybe a snap judgement of the situation based on very few facts but seen a lot of blokes turned into people they don’t want to be with eventual bad consequences for kids etc.
              Yes there are a fair few blokes who go over the top on the control side (always due to insecurity) but the old adage that – Upon getting married - A woman expects a bloke to change and he doesn’t, wheras the man doesn’t expect the woman to change – and she does, rings pretty true to me.
              Women usually have a capacity for change and expect to do so over time. This is much reduced for a bloke, even if he can be ’tamed’, he might even start thinking it is his idea – For a while.
              Point is – Forget the work in progress, if only he would change rubbish, find one who shares your own views or wants to devote his life to ’making you happy’ – I guarantee you will find the level of attention stifling and painfully dull very quickly.
              Sorry to say it girls but you kind of need to feel that slight edge to maintain interest !
              Aisle, Altar, Hymn??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

In a loving and understanding relationship both parties should be allowed to have their spare time to indulge in their spirit of adventure. To see and try new things before they get to old.

So say that to him before going down to Marks to get your bikini bottoms (tell him you won't need the tops in the places you will be going) before booking 2 weeks in Barbados.

Comment

I often go off travelling by myself, Mr N was permie so didn't have the holidays to b*gger orf for a month at a time.

Admittedly I'd try and do summat with the two of us as well.

You need to discuss this with your OH.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    I often go off travelling by myself.
                    ...on your chunky thighed backpacking adventures around Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Quite. I often go off with my barber shop quartet for whole weekends when we are gigging away from home. I wouldn't want a partner who has the green eyed monster just because we get up to bags of 'tag' dances and 'Musical Knees' and Bigamy games.
                      Nature has a wonderful knack of denying us the things we don't want, such as a surprise birthday party for 200 or, in your case, a partner.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X