• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had a beer last night with Bullwinkle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Nice one OS. A month is about right in my opinion.
    Given the different locations and pace of movement, its like four or five different holidays rolled into one.

We can barely remember San Diego now.

A camper van is a seductive idea, and we looked at it closely, but it seemed expensive, slow and a bit limiting. let me know how it pans out in practice though.

At the moment we are in Valemount British Columbia. It is our last full week and we are relaxing. There are no bears in the area so we have been out walking through the wilderness. Only little six milers, but the clean air, silence and the pure tranquility is fantastic. We walk around a corner into a group of caribou, they look at us then one gets nervous, twitches, then the whole bunch gallop away in their funny gait. not even enough time to get the camera up.

9 days from now I will be building the planning screens on the purchase order system.

Thanks EO.

Didn't mean to suggest I would be doing a campervan trip though. Will need a 4x4 for Yosemite/Death Valley that time of year but other than that the current plan is a mix of flights/cars as and when required. Will definitely try and get some dodgy USA convertible for Vegas even if it will be fooking freezin

Enioy the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Ah so Cliphead is Troll afterall...
      AtW might like our next one. This one was 'fire to Ice'

next is 'West meets East'

Manchester
      Holland
      Germany
      Hungary
      Russia
      Mongolia
      China
      stop for a chinky
      Hong Kong
      sell my car
      fly home

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        AtW might like our next one. This one was 'fire to Ice'

next is 'West meets East'

Manchester
        Holland
        Germany
        Hungary
        Russia
        Mongolia
        China
        stop for a chinky
        Hong Kong
        sell my car
        fly home

Transiberian railway then?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I thought you liked border controls and were generally anti-immigrants?
          You need to differentiate between reasonably wealthy, Westernised, no moral turpitude,intent only on enjoying your country and spending large amounts of wonga & then returning home.

with

Economic migrants with no concept of integration, a drain on resources, of dubious character & intent on bleeding the state systems dry (yes I'm talking about the Scots)

HTH
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ah so Cliphead is Troll afterall...
            wash your mouth out...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              I have been inspired. Am taking March 2011 off and taking the family on a road-trip.

Have done quite a few trips to the USA ( Done much of California, Texas, and New York) before but loads still left on my list of things to do. Am in the early planning stages but looking forward to it already.
              Well March 2011 turned into May 2011 but now finally have it all booked Major cities to be covered include Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, San Diego, New York plus all the back of beyond places inbetweeen.

Have had to concede Disneyland, Sea World and a helicopter to the Grand Canyon to be allowed a round at Torrey Pines

Comment

Have had to concede Disneyland, Sea World and a helicopter to the Grand Canyon to be allowed a round at Torrey Pines
                You will love it all even Disney, the canyon is impressive & worth the trip; have a great time
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Well March 2011 turned into May 2011 but now finally have it all booked Major cities to be covered include Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, San Diego, New York plus all the back of beyond places inbetweeen.

WHJS and please keep us updated ala EO!

(It felt a bit like I was on holiday too!)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Brilliant move OS.
                    Keep us posted (as cojak says) we all like the vicarious participation.

I am envious. truly envious

it will be blooming great

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      You will love it all even Disney, the canyon is impressive & worth the trip; have a great time
                      A mate got dragged to Disney and enjoyed it from the engineering point of view.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X