• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had a beer last night with Bullwinkle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you blogging this EO? It sounds wonderful.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Yes I am and it sure is.

Comment

I havnt got me head around blogging yet, its on my list of things to do.

Today it was 1-0 to the developers.

I researched, checked and double checked. I asked in trailfinders, I asked at the border post. The information was cast iron - you are safe in Alaska till the first week of October, then it may snow.

But 15 years of listening to user bollocks has paid off. I asked the locals here in Tok in the pub(the most northerly point of my escape route) when I could expect snow. Their reply -
        'First the geese fly out, then the swans , then the cranes leave, usually the day before the snows. The cranes flew out this morning. But it wont snow in Anchorage for another few weeks.'

I was nearly snowed in
        we will drive out first thing tomorrow.

Has an interesting breakfast this morning. A moose was looking in the window at me in the 'Grumpy Grizzly' cafe. It was sitting in the back of a pickup, and looked a bit short for such a large headed animal.

When we got outside, the missus nearly puked her pancakes straight back up. The smell was orrible, and its still stuck in my throught. Some bastard hunter had shot a moose, sawed its head off and left it out in the back of his pickup.
        I got a nice piccie though, will post it up in a few weeks.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sounds like an episode of Northern Exposure.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oh yes. I demand piccies and a full report.
            Do be careful and watch the weather, and make sure you've got some food with you.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Oh yes. I demand piccies and a full report.
              Do be careful and watch the weather, and make sure you've got some food with you.
              Yes and take your own advice EO - Don't drink the water.

P.S. I'd rather put up with moose heads and snow than clouds of starving mozzies, which I gather appear there in the spring.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Things have really started hotting up.

we left Alaska and headed south-east just ahead of the snow, down through the Yukon. stopped in a place called Swift River on the Alaskan highway and the owner was getting ready to pull out. there was no food , luckily i had twelve tubes of lager and as the missus said, we could do with losing a bit of weight.(should have listened to zippy)

yesterday we headed south down the 37 and we saw lots of bears. A big daddy, who tried to stalk old EO, then a mum with two cubs. later an adolescent.

They were black bears, so the trick is to intimidate them and frighten them off. The big daddy was not scared though, he was the same size as me, and he had eight blades, one on each finger. plus a bolt cutter in his gob. Plus he can run twice as fast as sebastian coe.

I had to use human brainpower. so I outwitted him by jumping into the car and revving off at 60 mph.

The photos and video are stunning. We got the mum and cubs perfectly.

Today we are heading for a salmon river, to see if we can spot the grizzlies fishing.

Anyway, we stopped a wild west town last night called stewart. This morning we were deciding who would make the coffee when the was a shot from over the road. I did a para roll over to the window and looked over, but didnt see who had fired the shot.

probably someone scaring a bear off.

Last year a big male black bear walked into the bar were I was drinking last night. They started hitting it with chairs till it went out

I got my daughter a nice jade penguin from Jade city on the 37.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Last year a big male black bear walked into the bar were I was drinking last night. They started hitting it with chairs till it went out
                  Sounds like my local.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

I got my daughter a nice jade penguin from Jade city on the 37.

You can never have too many of those!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Things have really started hotting up.
                      I did a para roll over to the window and looked over, but didnt see who had fired the shot.
                      schlepped over to the window in my new Mooseskin slippers.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X