• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

International Burn a Koran Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting very annoying now.

Responding by chanting "death to christians",
    Burning american flags.....

Pot, kettle, black ?

Whatever happened to turning the other cheek and taking the moral high ground?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

Pot, kettle, black ?

I agree; a strongly worded letter to The Times would suffice.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Pot, kettle, black ?

President Hamid Karzai said the stunt had been an insult to Islam, while Indonesia's president said it threatened world peace.
        If these people really are so unstable that this last statement is true, then quite frankly we're all far better off without them.

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          If these people really are so unstable that this last statement is true, then quite frankly we're all far better off without them.

I don't get the impression that said presidents are threatening anyone; I think they're simply trying to point out how much trouble all this silliness could cause; seeing as they'll be the ones having to deal with most of that trouble I can't blame them for being concerned.

Comment

I just dont get their need for such rage whenever anyone mocks or taunts their religion.

If they threatened to burn a bible I doubt you'd get more than a bishop making a statement on TV saying how god forgives them, and nothing but a few grunts or shrugs of shoulders from the general public.

Also, notice how the Pope (or any other figure of Christian authority) has stayed 'well out of this'.....
            perhaps he's too busy, on holiday, washing his hair, taking an important phone call, or on the loo.....

Comment

Also, notice how the Pope (or any other figure of Christian authority) has stayed 'well out of this'.....
              perhaps he's too busy, on holiday, washing his hair, taking an important phone call, or on the loo.....
              Or sitting down for lunch with the priests that frequent this place. Very good indeed. Don't miss out on the bresaola (not on the menu, you have to ask for it as they only sell it if it's top quality; best you'll find anywhere).

Put yourself in his shoes; the world looks like it's falling apart, lots of schoolboy fights about other religions, and you live in Rome. You can choose what to do with your day. Write a bull in Latin, intervene in someone else's war. Or have a bottle of Sangiovese and a big lunch.

Comment

Dude, you have no Quran!

At the risk of waking up the board Islam fan club, this was too funny to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Or sitting down for lunch with the priests that frequent this place. Very good indeed. Don't miss out on the bresaola (not on the menu, you have to ask for it as they only sell it if it's top quality; best you'll find anywhere).

Put yourself in his shoes; the world looks like it's falling apart, lots of schoolboy fights about other religions, and you live in Rome. You can choose what to do with your day. Write a bull in Latin, intervene in someone else's war. Or have a bottle of Sangiovese and a big lunch.
                  I've been going there for years, really really excellent, a lot of the fifth quarter though so the carbonara is made with the gristly pig cheek. The oxtail pasta is just heaven as well. They also have the biggest wine list I've ever seen so I just bottle and have the house wine.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

More proof that literacy can breed violence. These people are whipped by Imams and their own lack of understanding of their own religion. I suppose being insanity could also do that. Sitting through a episode of location, location, location could also drive one to violence.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X