• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ooh look

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like whipping my one out in meetings:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You could argue that Apple only appear to be the first as they produce and incomplete but pretty item around faster than the rest as they have a market of people who would buy a piece of wood if it had an apple logo on it. Doesn't mean they had the right idea first.

Now that is a stereotype.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        In English please.
        Sorry I'm on the wine and in my thirties, sometimes words that flash through my mind don't make it to the keyboard.

Of the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just can't see the point of a tablet. I have a smartphone (2 actually), a laptop and a netbook. What more?
          If I had a smartphone and a laptop I'd say it was stupid to get a netbook too. but you did But I'd agree having all those and a pad is silly... however a pad might eat into the netbook market for people who don't really want a laptop, but a different device altogether.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I love the fact that these things make calls. I cannot wait to see someone walking around with something around the size of an A5 pad up to their ear. That is going to be priceless.
          My laptop does calls through Skype but I never see anyone with an open laptop held around their face - I wish I did though
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If I had a smartphone and a laptop I'd say it was stupid to get a netbook too.
            Really just covering different circumstances when I have be away from the house but still monitor, get email, Skype etc. Netbook's small and long battery life - great for the pub.

Phones can do the same job but not always convenient, you get the idea...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Really just covering different circumstances when I have be away from the house but still monitor, get email, Skype etc. Netbook's small and long battery life - great for the pub.

Under what circumstance is a netbook more convenient than a phone?

Just curious like.
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Saucer of milk for table 2

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                  Under what circumstance is a netbook more convenient than a phone?

Just curious like.
                  Having a decent keyboard for starters. Not to mention all that storage for spreadsheets I need to access. Try doing an SSH session on a phone, can be done but why?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Just sorted out a netbook for my mum. Thought it might be slightly easier for her to use during her 3 month trip to Australia, rather than her desktop.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Having a decent keyboard for starters. Not to mention all that storage for spreadsheets I need to access. Try doing an SSH session on a phone, can be done but why?
                      I did a 3270 session on an iPod and it nearly killed me just putting my user and password in having to scroll left and right and up and down all the time.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X