• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Canary Island?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I liked Lanzarote, away from the chav zones. Stay away from Peurto del Carmen and Arrecife and it is really very pleasant. I can't imagine that the different islands are wildly different - they are all volcanic outcrops poking out of the North Atlantic.

You will not be able to avoid the chavs completely though - they will be on the same plane over as you. British Airways used to do a direct flight from Gatwick to Lanzarote and although the Business Class was not really very good, at least it got you separated from the Chavs. I don't think they operate on that route any more though.
    Oh no, in the same room as commoners for a couple of hours. How will you cope?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Oh no, in the same room as commoners for a couple of hours. How will you cope?
      It is a four-hour flight I'll have you know.

Comment

I'm not a Lanzarote fan (there has to be one, right?) We stayed at Costa Teguise and it wasn't worth leaving the hotel, the beach was almost non existant (and had some sharks inside the harbour walls, iirc) and Puerto Del Carmen had the filthiest beach I've ever experienced and not just because the sand was dark. I swear they hadn't cleaned it once all season - full of floating crisp packets, ondoms, vodka shot bottles, etc. Couldn't let the kids on it for fear they'd stand on broken glass, but it was the busiest resort in the evening.

The only place on the island worth visiting (for me) was Costa Blanca, at the Southern point. Far cleaner than the rest, nice restaurants, far superior beaches, nice harbour area.

We took the ferry over to Fuerteventura; what a wasteland. It's basically a sandy desert with nothing to see, one resort (better sand beaches ) - I wouldn't want to go out of season though, it was hardly busy in summer.

Whoever mentioned Formentera: it's 12 years since I was there and my only enduring memory was stark b*ll*ck naked German tourists. Hope that helps your decision, one way or the other.
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
        X