• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF? France starting up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats more telling is the reaction to those images being posted. Murder threats, bombing scares, intimidation...so much for being the religion of peace.

Mailman

Comment

They are brave, the French, aren't they?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

That posting was intended to be humourous DA? Darn, I was just about to say I agreed with it entirely.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I see the editor from le frog has been fired by the owner (who is an egyptian ).

So much for freedom of the press eh.

Mailman

Comment

well he made a stand and that cost him his job

respect to that particular frog

as Mailman said, the arab's reaction is quite telling....
            mind you, it may only be their governments and press (same thing) that are up in arms, maybe their population do not give a sh1t - after all, our own press is not adverse to presenting things in a particular angle suiting them either, are they..........

Rebecca in "don't believe the truth!" mode
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

islam

the editor in chief of France-soir has been sacked . so much for the freedom of press in France

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4672642.stm

read what another British (AL-ARAB AL-ALAMIYAH ) newspaper says :

"The printing of offensive cartoons by the Danish newspaper is an insult to Islam and has crystallized the conflict between Europe and the Arabs. "

Comment

If anything what these cartoons have highlighted is just how inflexible and unreasonable Islam is!

I still believe the dutch are quite a relaxed people...its just the others they have let in that still believe they are living in crapblackistan that are inflexible. These people need to realise they aint in their home countries anymore and if they find it so intolerable they can always move back to where they came from (bet that will shut a lot of them up!).

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  If anything what these cartoons have highlighted is just how inflexible and unreasonable Islam is!

I still believe the dutch are quite a relaxed people...its just the others they have let in that still believe they are living in crapblackistan that are inflexible. These people need to realise they aint in their home countries anymore and if they find it so intolerable they can always move back to where they came from (bet that will shut a lot of them up!).

Mailman
                  I still believe the dutch are quite a relaxed people...

Unsure if that observation is based upon a weekend in Amsterdams coffee shops, but I can tell you that having worked in various cities inthe NL over a period of three years the Dutch are far from relaxed.

They are petty, vindictive and have never a good word to say about anybody,they spend the whole day complaining, which seems to be a national sport or droning on and on and on at pointless endless meetings.

I have added the Netherlands to my blacklist accordingly.

NB There are also coffeshops in Brussels, however they exist unofficaly, so you are unliely to know about then unless you frequent the Brussels underworld.

Undercover of the night I have discovered two in my area, one which is mainly full of 70 year old Morrocans selling hashish, and another with young chaps with baseball caps selling home grown grass.

If course I plan to make a citizens arrest,manyana man.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 February 2006, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

Mailman
                    Careful Mailman - with remarks like that you will have a team of men hut hut hutting down the side of your building and forcefully inviting you to spend some time at his Blair's pleasure for inciting something

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                      Careful Mailman - with remarks like that you will have a team of men hut hut hutting down the side of your building and forcefully inviting you to spend some time at his Blair's pleasure for inciting something
                      Aye JG

Perhaps Mailman could be detained under the Dangerously Disororganised Criminal Act.

Comment

Working...
                      X