• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transsexuals 'to get 2 ID cards'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transsexuals 'to get 2 ID cards'

Transsexuals who have yet to have a sex-change operation will be entitled to two ID cards, Home Office Minister Lady Scotland of Asthal has said.

One would be in their gender at birth and the other in their legally-acquired "gender of designation".

Lady Scotland spoke out as the controversial ID Cards Bill cleared its latest hurdle despite suffering two defeats in the House of Lords.

The bill's report stage was completed. A third reading is set for 6 February.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4664142.stm
    Still, they can always sell the spare one to a terrorist / benefit cheat / illegal immigrant down the local car boot sale I guess.

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Still, they can always sell the spare one to a terrorist / benefit cheat / illegal immigrant down the local car boot sale I guess.
    Shhh, that's my 'Plan B'.

Comment

Will they have to pay twice?

Can't imagine too many Islamist terrorists wanting to go around looking like Pete Burns anyway.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
        Shhh, that's my 'Plan B'.
        Almost certainly a better plan 'B' than Milan's.

According to the oh-so-reliable 'The Register', they will indeed have to pay twice. It's only "fair".

Comment

Still, they can always sell the spare one to a terrorist / benefit cheat

My goodness are Benefit Cheats now classed as terrorists ?

Then again if youve done nothing wrong ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            My goodness are Benefit Cheats now classed as terrorists ?
            For quite a while, do try to keep up with this war on terror. It is a well known fact that most if not all benefit fraud goes to fund Bed Linen.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X