• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Diving watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Good question. I'd say that as well as being waterproof at depths greater than you are, a decent diving watch needs a sapphire face, to avoid scratches on coral or metal diving gear and so forth.

Not sure if £1000 is within the OP's price range, but can anyone recommend a waterproof watch with titanium casing and a sapphire face, waterproof to 200m, for at most that?

Or are we talking at least 2 or 3 grand, or (gulp) even more?
    Top of the range - about 4k retail.
    OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Ploprof 1200 M - Steel on rubber strap - 224.32.55.21.01.001

But I wouldn't want to go recreational diving with it.

Better off with another computer which runs the same model as your primary. I've always coveted one of these.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Top of the range - about 4k retail.
      OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Ploprof 1200 M - Steel on rubber strap - 224.32.55.21.01.001

But I wouldn't want to go recreational diving with it.

Better off with another computer which runs the same model as your primary. I've always coveted one of these.
      Yeah but I can't justify a D9 as a "cheeky backup". Would be nice though.

Not looking for a backup computer, just a watch I can use on hols (diving) but durable enough not to get scratched to hell when I chuck it in my kit box. Also, not expensive enough for me to worry about it getting pilfered.

Thanks to all so far though. Except bensey for missing the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Not looking for a backup computer, just a watch I can use on hols (diving) but durable enough not to get scratched to hell when I chuck it in my kit box. Also, not expensive enough for me to worry about it getting pilfered.
        I'd get one of these
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I'd get one of these
          Spooky. Already ordered in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Spooky. Already ordered in black.
            Wind-up? No need for an illuminated face?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Wind-up? No need for an illuminated face?
              It's automatic - so long as you put it on your wrist, it will work.

And those blobs on the face will glow in the dark if they've been charged by light for a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                you bought a genuine Seiko off of ebay for half of the price ?

how you know it's pukka squire ?

Milan.
                If you don't trust Ebay go to Amazon. I got mine in Amazon for 95EUR, while the shop price was 160 EUR.

Comment

Working...
                X