• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices 'pick up in January'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    Logically true and not very helpful.

In the same vein, your taxes are paid by your agent. And yet you expect to have a vote??
    Au contraire, expat, my taxes are paid for by a number of direct clients who have the freedom to take their business elsewhere if they are not happy with paying them. Not sure there is that option with state employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Au contraire, expat, my taxes are paid for by a number of direct clients who have the freedom to take their business elsewhere if they are not happy with paying them. Not sure there is that option with state employees.
      OK, not to be totally boneheaded, you can say that anyone's taxes are paid by whoever pays their income, but what does that really mean?

We the taxpayers pay the government, the government pays its employees, and by then it's no longer taxpayers' money.

Comment

Relax, expat, it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          Relax, expat, it was a joke.
          When I say "OK, not to be totally boneheaded," I mean of course that I'm about to be totally boneheaded.

And as for when I've got my antlers in. No, antlers ON.

Comment

Working...
          X