• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message from Olga

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Seems like she put a fair bit of effort into that reply. So she might be genuine.

Thanks, that was good.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Only the 4th-5th message is manually written, the first are automated responses.

They use a bespoke software to recognise curtain words (e.g. scam) and modify the reply accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Dearest Owlhoot,

Great news has been recieved. I have been selected to carry on my nursing studies at a childrens hospital in Nigeria. It is a great opportunity for me to help little babies but the hospital has no funds to pay me....
        You could forward it to HRH Prince Isaac Mbogo, who recently sent me the following mail;

Dear MTT,

I have been referred to you by business contacts who assure me that you are a most trustworthy and erudite man of your word. I am seeking assistance in the matter of recovering the inheritance of my family, the Royal Family of Nigeria, totalling over 500 million $US, much of which was stolen from us under a previous military government...

Perhaps she could offer Prince Mbogo local assistance?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Indeed Bagpuss, experience from my sample set of one, I would avoid like the plague unless you have a penchant for being asset stripped under our new, wonderful, nuLiebour-esque Fair™ marital laws. Once she sniffs an opportunity like that, her and her swarm of marital solicitor locusts will be all over you quicker than you can say Financial Dispute Resolution.

Not wishing to make a sweeping statement with racial undertones, avoid, avoid, avoid all eastern Europeans and Russians until pre-nups become requisite.
          A tester mate of mine had a similar situation. Married some bird from Latvia/Lithuania(where-ever the hell she was from) got her up the duff, she scarpered with the kid and most of his assets.

Mind you, he is a tester so not the brightest of buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Mind you, he is a tester so he's fertile, well endowed and irresistable to women.
            ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              A tester mate of mine had a similar situation. Married some bird from Latvia/Lithuania(where-ever the hell she was from) got her up the duff, she scarpered with the kid and most of his assets.

Mind you, he is a tester so not the brightest of buttons.
              Heh heh - I'm busy building up my funds again so I can renew my licence and CoE and start performing CAPs over Berkshire so I can carpet bomb the b1tch
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Beware of Emails bearing Gifts ...
                If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  A guy I know went for something similar a few years ago, way better than the above pic. She came over here and stayed with him for a few weeks, wowed the locals in Stornoway although that wouldn't be hard.

A couple of months after she goes back to Russia he goes over for a visit and is back 2 days later. He won't talk about it but seems he was picked up at the airport by gangsters demanding money etc, but he managed to get away.

Don't know if he ever followed up on the HIV test it was suggested he had.
                  The BBC reporter John Simpson was targetted in a similar way by the KGB. Letter from Prague - Travel tips and inspiration - British Airways High Life only with them it was to recruit him as a spy, rather than just for cash.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    The BBC reporter John Simpson was targetted in a similar way by the KGB. Letter from Prague - Travel tips and inspiration - British Airways High Life only with them it was to recruit him as a spy, rather than just for cash.
                    The <clientco> internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.
                    Reason:
                    The Websense category "Travel" is filtered.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Thanks NotAllThere, that was an interesting read about John Simpson's escapades in Prague.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X