• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which BMX did you have ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Chrome burner with stunt nuts (or trick nuts, if you prefer) front and rear.
    I had a cushion made of foam tubing on the crossbar to prevent my nuts ending up front and rear.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

there was a playground in the next village from ours

we used to have some wood there and make jumps and do jumping

one boy was the bravest, he would jump higher and further than anybody else

until....

the day, upon landing from a jump, his forks snapped

that hurt

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Pondlife,

you sir, are showing your age

Dad, it's like this,

BMX's didn't have mud guards - that was the whole point of them.

Milan.
        As mentioned, I had a Grifter, in silver, with mudguards.

HTH

Comment

And for the further purposes of bike related nostalgia. Who else remembers the "I were right about that saddle" advert.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            And for the further purposes of bike related nostalgia. Who else remembers the "I were right about that saddle" advert.
            Yep, wasn't it for Yellow Pages?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

We used to play "Kick Start" on our BMX's - there would be a jump, balance boards etc...
              Just like on the TV

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                As mentioned, I had a Grifter, in silver, with mudguards.

HTH
                Ah, a fellow iron man. The grifter, and the boxer, both predecessors of the BMX, built from solid steel girders. How many children's legs and arms were turned into great hydraulic power mechanisms by the act of attempting to pedal a grifter/boxer hard enough to jump more than two feet off a little ramp, and then picking the damn thing up after falling? I'm convinced that the issuance of boxers and grifters to the children of Europe would abolish childhood obesity at a stroke.

Mine was painted in an Evel Knievel colour scheme at a local bike shop, and I even had the Evel Knievel suit to go with it. If only I'd had some talent.

But let's face it, they were tulipe compared to a BMX.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Unless you wanted to actually get somewhere in which case the bigger wheels and three speed gears would leave your BMX riding friends in the dust.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

The very betamax of the bicycle world. How I wanted to buy pegs and the need stick a set of bright yellow skyways in the freezer to fix their buckling.

"Look at me, I've got gears" didn't fool anyone.

Comment

Well I've googled mine and I can find no trace of it on the net. It must have been seriously tulip......but I liked it.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X