• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business mileage receipts ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage clock re-sets in April, not long now VectraMan!

Comment

Check your email Vectraman. I got an email from Parasol today telling me I had to submit petrol receipts from now on. I'm IR35-caught, and the car's mine, not a company's. What a ball-ache...

Comment

I've just had the email from parasol as well. Didn't realise there was VAT on business mileage allowance. I've already submitted my January claim so need to see what happens. Parasol wants a £10 vat receipt for every 100 miles claimed. Oh well, nothing to do with this, but I'm going Limited again the end of my current contract and my company wont be interested in the VAT on my mileage - so no need for receipts.

Comment

Work this one out, for a > 2.0 litre diesel parasol state that you must provide £13/100miles claimed. What happens when your 2.2 litre diesel costs somewhere between £10..£11 /100 miles, even when thrashed, even at 92.9p/litre! I'm sure that I could find at much better use for the dosh than the feck-wit Brown stuff

Another great example of Brown encouraging the work ethic!

Comment

Oh, I forgot all the dosh belongs to Brown, he just lets the proletariat have a some beer money out of the kindness of his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
              Check your email Vectraman. I got an email from Parasol today telling me I had to submit petrol receipts from now on. I'm IR35-caught, and the car's mine, not a company's. What a ball-ache...
              Yep got the email today. They've just paid me my January expenses, even though it says this started 1st Jan (and I don't have any receipts for Jan).
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Parasol's site says the receipts need to be submitted from 1st Feb, yet they didn't tell us until today. I was actually going to leave Parasol having finished a contract today (and go Ltd), so was going to put in 3 days worth of travelling expenses (nearly £150), but as I don't have any receipts I'm going to have to forget that. Grrrr. I think I'll be giving them a phone call Monday.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Heh heh **** off Brown 'cos my car burns 17p worth of fuel for every mile it goes regardless so nice try but up yours.

I just deleted that email as Spam!
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Still a bit cheeky by Parasol (and probably all umbrellas), the allowance is coming from the money we earn, we already pay them a monthly fee for their services.

Comment

I thought it was related to the HMRC now asking for employers to keep receipts. I doubt any of the brollies are happy they have to do all the paperwork! Cheers Mr Brown

Comment

Working...
                      X