• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The very hungry spider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other day, I heard a buzzing noise, and thought a flying insect must have been caught behind a blind or something. Then I spotted the insect on the floor, spinning round rapidly. A closer look showed that it was being held by a spider about 1/10th of its size.

It soon stopped struggling, and a few minutes later the spider hauled it off to it's den.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The other day, I heard a buzzing noise, and thought a flying insect must have been caught behind a blind or something. Then I spotted the insect on the floor, spinning round rapidly. A closer look showed that it was being held by a spider about 1/10th of its size.

It soon stopped struggling, and a few minutes later the spider hauled it off to it's den.
      I've seen an ant hauling a dead wasp about 10 times bigger than it off to its nest
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So spiders also like a "carry-out" then?

IGMC
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          So spiders also like a "carry-out" then?

IGMC
          Watch out! Spider bites can be quite painful!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Watch out! Spider bites can be quite painful!
            Indeed:

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              I've seen an ant hauling a dead wasp about 10 times bigger than it off to its nest
              When I was in the south of France last month, I saw what I thought was a large spider hauling a struggling wasp to its nest. Turned out the spider was dead and it was the wasp that was the (winning) predator.

It's a violent world.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I got some nice photos of a spider entombing a moth the other week, although I do think the neighbours wondered what I was doing on the balcony using a flash in the middle of the day.

I have a beetle I have trapped and starved to death I need to get busy on as well.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I got some nice photos of a spider entombing a moth the other week, although I do think the neighbours wondered what I was doing on the balcony using a flash in the middle of the day.

I have a beetle I have trapped and starved to death I need to get busy on as well.
                  You are a deep one doodab. No doubt about it.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

back in my scruffy arsed student days I used to have a pet spider. I notied a web in my room and when I saw a fly on the window I'd catch it and give boris a meal.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      back in my scruffy arsed student days I used to have a pet spider. I notied a web in my room and when I saw a fly on the window I'd catch it and give boris a meal.
                      And when he grew up, he became mayor of London
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X