• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice friendly Americans at it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Visitors to the US who need a visa pay a fee starting from $140 (£85), depending on the nature of their trip."

US to charge Britons

So STFU you whining paddy - US gives 90% discount and much less hassle than with proper visa (have you ever tried to get one?), instead of 100% discount - be grateful you get any discount whatsoever because most of countries in the world don't get any.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      You are a c0ck. Richard Reid was British. Why should we be different? If anything, the UK harbours most of these ****ers and gives them a council house and a nice EU passport.
      The only c0ck is you because your your brain is your father's c0ck when your older brother fuc$ed your mother.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        The only c0ck is you because your your brain is your father's c0ck when your older brother fuc$ed your mother.
        Yes, that's very convincing argument.

Comment

Oh dear, it seems you've been to the same 'school of hard knocks' as old Cliphead has. You don't play the banjo as well do you?
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No, it's not free - you pay indirectly via increased sale prices. The "freer" the up front cost the higher hidden fee is, no exceptions.
            Hmmm. So if it's raining in town and I pop inside a local store. I have a browse around, but decide to buy nothing and leave the shop when it stops raining.

As they don't charge an "entry fee", I've used their shelter, heat and light for "free". And I don't pay for it next time, because I never shop there.

A rare occurance, but not every cost gets passed on to those that actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              Hmmm. So if it's raining in town and I pop inside a local store. I have a browse around, but decide to buy nothing and leave the shop when it stops raining.

As they don't charge an "entry fee", I've used their shelter, heat and light for "free". And I don't pay for it next time, because I never shop there.

A rare occurance, but not every cost gets passed on to those that actually use it.
              What you are missing here is that every party that sells services is fully entitled to decide on their business model - some are free like Loot or Google, others charge one off fee or subscription. If you don't like that then feel free not to use them, or if you think you can do better than start a competing company.

If you go to USA then it is reasonable to expect you'd spend many hundreds of pounds, probably well over £1000, so if you don't like reasonable £9 fee to avoid proper visa then you should not go to USA or any other country for that matter.

There were at least 2 public attempts by terrorists to blow up US bound airplanes -can you name any other country among those that enjoy easier US clearance without full visa? Frankly USA should be credited with keeping UK in that program that does not require visa - you should really try getting one in order to appreciate this benefit.

Comment

What you are missing here is that every party that sells services is fully entitled to decide on their business model - some are free like Loot or Google, others charge one off fee or subscription. If you don't like that then feel free not to use them, or if you think you can do better than start a competing company.

If you go to USA then it is reasonable to expect you'd spend many hundreds of pounds, probably well over £1000, so if you don't like reasonable £9 fee to avoid proper visa then you should not go to USA or any other country for that matter.

There were at least 2 public attempts by terrorists to blow up US bound airplanes -can you name any other country among those that enjoy easier US clearance without full visa? Frankly USA should be credited with keeping UK in that program that does not require visa - you should really try getting one in order to appreciate this benefit.

Argentina Joins the Reciprocity Club: U.S. Visitors to Pay $131 on Entry

I have a feeling from your posts that you would like to emigrate to the USA as your next move and so you don’t want to upset them.

My stance is that we should reciprocate. We should take the finger prints of US visitors and make them have a visa and charge for the service.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

But the same argument can be applied in reverse - price elasticity. If you are making a lot of money from your customers, do you really want to risk pushing them elsewhere for the sake of $9. And if each visitor spends 000s, then it only needs a fraction of a percent to decide to go elsewhere before you end up worse off.

Looks the yanks can charge whatever they like - hell they can charge $500 per day if they want to - it's their country. But arguments like "it costs us money" just doesn't wash with me. They're making money out of the whole deal (i.e tourism). This is about making more money, not covering costs.

Comment

We should take the finger prints of US visitors and make them have a visa and charge for the service.
                    We shuold give them a good rubber gloveing as well. Bloody yanks. If it wasn't for us they'd all be speaking French.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have not heard of US citizens coming from USA to UK to blow up airplane and stuff like that, where as the opposite is certainly true.
                      I think they limit themselves to shooting our policemen shot in the head
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X