• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal only school dinners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French Government bans all religious symbols from its schools. No skullcaps, no crucifixes, no turbans,no halal food.

And they are absolutely right to do so.

If the Great Sky Pixie tells you to wear a giant yellow hat then fine. Just do it in your own time. Don't inflict your religious mumbo jumbo on my children or anyone else's.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      The French Government bans all religious symbols from its schools. No skullcaps, no crucifixes, no turbans,no halal food.

If the Great Sky Pixie tells you to wear a giant yellow hat then fine. Just do it in your own time. Don't inflict your religious mumbo jumbo on my children or anyone else's.
      If any party set out in their manifesto to end ALL religious education in state schools I would vote for them. Unfortunately in Scotland that'll never happen because the religion that has a predominant hold in Scottish schools would tell their 'cult' not to vote for them.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I see the bigots are out in force in this thread. Like moths around their own particularly dim little flame!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I see the bigots are out in force in this thread. Like moths around their own particularly dim little flame!

Ssh, they're in disguise.

If anyone asks, they're actually standing up for womens rights, vegetarianism, gay men and pro-abortion.

All matters close to their macho hearts, no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

If we teach our children religious tolerance then surely nothing would be "inflicted" - Boots are doing a great deal on cotton wool!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Defending your country, civilization and way of life is no bigotry whatsoever.

Islam is a backwards, intolerant, violent, supremacist, expansionist and murderous belief system that is at odds with Western Civilization, regardless of what the lefties would say.

They DON'T belong here (as we should get the hell out of Afghanistan pronto) and I don't want so-called minorities creating parallel societies in my country by means of population replacement. They are invaders, that's what they are.

Read some good book about Islam and stop reading The Guardian and watching the British-Soviet news (aka BBC news at six).

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
                Defending your country, civilization and way of life is no bigotry whatsoever.

Islam is a backwards, intolerant, violent, supremacist, expansionist and murderous belief system that is at odds with Western Civilization, regardless of what the lefties would say.

They DON'T belong here (as we should get the hell out of Afghanistan pronto) and I don't want so-called minorities creating parallel societies in my country by means of population replacement. They are invaders, that's what they are.

Read some good book about Islam and stop reading The Guardian and watching the British-Soviet news (aka BBC news at six).
                Wrong.

When was the last time you read the Old Testament?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  What's wrong with only being offered Halal meat? It's not anti-[any religion I know] and if it makes things simpler than offering more choices, go for it.
                  The sikh religion specifically prohibits the eating of animals that have been slaugthered in any "religious manner".

--Jatinder

Comment

Originally posted by jatinder View Post
                    The sikh religion specifically prohibits the eating of animals that have been slaugthered in any "religious manner".

--Jatinder
                    Not entirely true - if "Guide to a Sikh" is to be believed...

Originally posted by Guide to a Sikh
                    Some Sikhs eat any type of meat, some do not eat beef and some believe that Sikhs should not eat ritually slaughtered meat. Sikhs who have been initiated into the order of the Khalsa by the Amrit ceremony are strictly forbidden to eat any type of meat or meat products.
                    Last edited by SupremeSpod; 10 August 2010, 07:05.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      I didn't know that.

So where do you(I assume you're Sikh) get the meat from?
                      The local south-african organic butchers!

We get most of our meat from the local farmshop or local organic butchers. The rest from the big supermarkets. We try to avoid halal or kosher meat which is pretty easy to do as it's either clearly labelled or comes from a butchers run/owned by muslims.

The only issue is when we go to indian restaurants - pakistani/bangladeshi restaurants will all be halal. Other restaurants tend to be "pragmatic", ie. it's halal if that's what you want, and it's not halal if you don't want it ;-)

At the end of the day - we don't worry about it at all when we're eating out - but would be very concerned if our school etc decided only to serve halal meat. The kids would have to have sauasages every day!

--Jatinder

Comment

Working...
                      X