• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sasguru hits mainstream press

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    These people are the moral equivalent of a sixteen-year old girl who gets pregnant so she can get a council house and live on benefits. In fact, they're worse than that: if they managed to make enough money to have access to that level of debt (I refuse to call it "credit"), they must have been intelligent enough to have realised what kind of hole they were digging for themselves if they hadn't been blinded by greed. At least the teenage girl is probably too dumb and too socially disadvantaged to have had any other options. Also, she's only after housing and spending money, not a pony.
    Good point, well made.

Always has amazed me how a pay rise to some people immediately equates to how much debt they can furnish. Madness.

Aspiring middle classes are the real problem with this country, all show. 10 bob millionaires. Real entrepeneurs tend to live quite humbly - have you seen the house that Warren Buffet lives in? Very modest. Same with Duncan Bannatyne (probably a tax fiddle, but I digress).

As far as not having symapthy for these people I would go one step further - I actually get a touch of Schadenfreud when I read these stories

Comment

Not enough income to "describe ourselves as wealthy", yet they acquire 15 acres and 14 horses?
      Have some aspirations Nick

14 horses, FFS. Even the Queen Mother only owned ten at the time of her death. (Guess how she got her house and spending money.)
      She borrowed the money from bank?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        Good point, well made.

Always has amazed me how a pay rise to some people immediately equates to how much debt they can furnish. Madness.

Aspiring middle classes are the real problem with this country, all show. 10 bob millionaires. Real entrepeneurs tend to live quite humbly - have you seen the house that Warren Buffet lives in? Very modest. Same with Duncan Bannatyne (probably a tax fiddle, but I digress).

As far as not having symapthy for these people I would go one step further - I actually get a touch of Schadenfreud when I read these stories
        Aye.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Good point, well made.

£50,000 on a shed for example.

Comment

Good point, well made.

Have you seen the size of his villa in the South-of-France though?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              £50,000 on a shed for example.

eco shed

Comment

Having a Stoical outlook and Epicurean tastes can armour a man against many of lifes' misfortunes and prevent folly.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Good point Gibbon. It's Augustus versus Nero on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    Good point Gibbon. It's Augustus versus Nero on this issue.
                    Not quite, Augustus allowed Antony to proscribe Cicero, for which in my opinion he is damned, and together they proscribed thousands to get their hands on money to pay the troops etc. Far more than Neros killing sprees amongst the sentate and other aristocrats.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      "I worked in film and was earning £1,200 a week. "

I assume the lazy biatch was on a two day week. If she hadn't been such a lazy cow, she might of had some savings.

Comment

Working...
                      X