• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unmistakeable evidence of a warming world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like climate change skepticism is the trendy new smartass contrarianism.

But I suspect the skeptics will have some nasty surprises in the coming years.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The new trendy thing is:

Don J. Easterbrook, Research: Global climate change | Recent global cooling news articles and interviews
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Seems like climate change skepticism is the trendy new smartass contrarianism.
        Its not trendy or new

Some of us just don't buy into the whole "The Earth is going to burn up lets spend trillions bio-engineering the planet"

I've said it before, we are doing far far worse things to the planet then slightly warming it up.
        Global fish stocks are about to collapse, no doubt this will get blamed on the global warming boogie man
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Its not trendy or new

Some of us just don't buy into the whole "The Earth is going to burn up lets spend trillions bio-engineering the planet"

I've said it before, we are doing far far worse things to the planet then slightly warming it up.
          Global fish stocks are about to collapse, no doubt this will get blamed on Spaniards!
          Ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Its not trendy or new

Global fish stocks are about to collapse, no doubt this will get blamed on the global warming boogie man
            I'll worry about a possible (but unproven) rise of 0.1 deg C over fifty years after we've got clean drinking water, food, basic medicine, contraception and education available to every person on the planet first.

I'll also worry about the cutting down of the rain forests, population growth, and poisoning and over-fishing of the seas first too.

Lets spend trillions on that first.

Comment

With oil running out, the population growing and the third world getting richer, the next 50 years are going to be interesting. The best part is that exponential increases tend to go pop rather than creep up on you. Everything looks fine and booming until just before the end [is nigh].

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                With oil running out, the population growing and the third world getting richer, the next 50 years are going to be interesting. The best part is that exponential increases tend to go pop rather than creep up on you. Everything looks fine and booming until just before the end [is nigh].
                What do the Mayans have to say on the matter?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Nature always has a way of balancing itself. The planet will become inhospitable to humans, our kind will die out, and millions of years later the planet will be healed.

We will form the oil for that the next master species that replaces us. India will be the new middle east, supplying most of the planet's oil (much cheapness, plenty quickness).

The next master species will be the descendants (genetic clones) of Gordon Brown, the only surviving human who decided to live the rest of his life on the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                    The next master species will be the descendants of Gordon Brown, the only surviving human who decided to live the rest of his life on the moon.
                    I thought the dinosaurs were always the first to go?
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

...and the biggest threat is:

Global Cooling
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X