• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sponsored Links on Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about having advertising on your site as well - has anyone used it to see what the income generation could be? Could it be used as a way of off-setting the payments for the google adwords.

Comment

You probably mean AdSense here - contextual ads from google on your site for which they give you a cut from some clicks. Its doable if you have reasonable traffic, but actual earnings may vary - some people are known to make 6 digits from their blogs. Come to think of it - with my posting rate I can have millions-posts-blog.com site - I will just need to get 10,000 suckers to pay me £100 for each post, any takers?

Comment

Google's a bit of a sore subject at the moment.

One of the sites I run is fairly localised, as it's an unofficial forum for my local football team. In it's first month, it's generated about $300 in Adsense revenue.

However, at the point where Google were about to pay, they've suddenly decided that too many clicks were coming from the same IP address and they've now decided to disable my Adsense account. Therefore I've lost all that revenue.

What they haven't taken into account is the fact that my local area has at least 3 large employers, 1 of which employs 8000 people. As a considerable number of my visitors would be coming from one IP address (that organisation's proxy server), that would probably explain it. There's got to be a similar issue at other sites but as far as Google is concerned, that's the end of it.

So, it's back to Tradedoubler for me - anyone know of any other good programs?
        Discuss PDA/Smartphones
        Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

You were just unlucky dazza12 - Google has got so many cheaters that they don't bother investigating fully and if they see signs of cheat (lots of clicks from same IP) then they whack account. You see, they may still get paid for it from advertisers, so by cutting you off they increase their profit margin. This may or may not be the case, but the incentive to act short term is certainly there.

Comment

Working...
          X