• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain suddenly finds cure for bad backs and depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish people wouldn't use FTFY. I have looked up a million times what it means and keep forgetting again. All acronyms and abreviations should have the full meaning in brackets next to them, it would save time.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I wish people wouldn't use FTFY. I have looked up a million times what it means and keep forgetting again. All acronyms and abreviations should have the full meaning in brackets next to them, it would save time.
      YOGO
      (you're obviously getting old)
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How about building some massive hangers, sedating the feckless and storing them in the hangars until we can find a use for them?

Failing that chuck the bastards down a disused mineshaft and bottle the methane that's produced from their rotting corpses.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          How about building some massive hangers, sedating the feckless and storing them in the hangars until we can find a use for them?

Failing that chuck the bastards down a disused mineshaft and bottle the methane that's produced from their rotting corpses.
          Is it entirely a coincidence that your moniker carries the initials 'SS'?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Is it entirely a coincidence that your moniker carries the initials 'SS'?

Or that my mobile number has "666" in it?

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              A quick visit to any town centre in this country during a week day will make you think "who exactly is working in this country?".

Hordes of young working age people milling about in shopping centres and clothing shops walking about with huge bags of shopping.

I think the problem is bigger than the statistics that the Labour government was generating. A large labour pool has been effectively converted into workshy spongers just so that they can go and put a cross across the Labour party at election time.
              I must admit I do think the same. After starting a 4 day I've noticed the local town is just full of people during the day.

Maybe they are all doing 4 day weeks like me... but I doubt it.

Comment

Number of full time employees in the UK = 18.2 million. Population of UK, including illegals, ICT'ers etc, 100+ million?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  As would a visit to the average office on a weekday.
                  I know this is only slightly related but I have to tell someone...

the admin office of my uni is full of numtwuts, one even has a large - i mean large collection of snow globes, taking up three whole shelves, and you have to stand and wait while they decide to stop talking about holiday/boyfriend/period to offer any help and when they do it is like you are asking for their first born

rant over

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                    I know this is only slightly related but I have to tell someone...

the admin office of my uni is full of numtwuts, one even has a large - i mean large collection of snow globes, taking up three whole shelves, and you have to stand and wait while they decide to stop talking about holiday/boyfriend/period to offer any help and when they do it is like you are asking for their first born

rant over
                    It is annoying when you want to pay or be served in a shop and the people serving are chatting. While I wait, I often dream up a little task for them to do or something to find. Oh, wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      It is annoying when you want to pay or be served in a shop and the people serving are chatting. While I wait, I often dream up a little task for them to do or something to find. Oh, wrong thread.
                      Why is it the wrong thread? It was kind of meandering around people not working and acronyms, seems to fit, or are you taking the pee?

Anyway I agree, that chatting while we pretend to serve you, reminding you we are so otherwise occupied is very annoying

Comment

Working...
                      X