• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Russian Outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Outsourcing

Russia: A rising star in outsourcing?

This articles reminds me of a thread I had with AtW some time ago.

The country has many advantages:

Russia has a large population, a strong education system, and is physically close to both the US and Europe.
    Russia has traditionally had a reputation for producing
    talented guys who know how to do complex stuff
    Only two real disadvantages: poor image and too expensive.

I've put projects up on rent-a-coder before.

You get lots of Indians offering to do the work and quite a few eastern europeans.

Difference is the Indians quite obviously have no clue as to what you actually want, say they've done it already, can be delivered in 2 days and will cost $10.

The eastern europeans, explain how they will approach it, ask sensible questions, offer up example work, make suggestions as to improve it and quote $2,000

Considering what I wanted was pretty complex and at least a months work, I know which outsourcers I'd go with....

Comment

So SW when are we going to open our outsourcing company Russia and eastern-europe based?

Comment

I think one of the biggest problems is infrastructure

I cant speak for the russian federation but I was thinking of doing something with some guys in Belarus.

AFAIK no broadband and Secret Service in every ISP monitoring emails and all that. I have had cases of emails being edited before they got to me.

Comment

So SW when are we going to open our outsourcing company Russia and eastern-europe based?
          Franco, I presume you mean WS rather than SW...Interesting idea. It could be a Russian/Lithuanian venture.

I like it, Franco, I like it!

Comment

outsourcing

I'd only go for that if I did not care about security and safety of the source code. Open Source is good for it -- big corporations could have hired for nothing thousands of programmers working on Open Source projects.

Comment

Working...
            X