• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    No problem at all. I work through an umbrella and pay full Employee/Employer NI and Income Tax. I don't piss about scrabbling for pennies and can sleep safely in my bed without a care in the world.

You?
    I piss about scrabbling for pennies. But I also sleep safely in my bed without a care in the world, never worrying whether I've missed a Bob or two hiding under a desk.

I was thinking of the broader issue of part-and-parcel, that's all.

Comment

I'm bored with IT. Bored.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I'm ever so glad I don't (and never have) work in IT.
        Whs++;

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Buy a Moleskine notebook and a nice pen*, look intent, say nothing but 'hmmm', nod and make lots of notes.

You be amazed at how often you refer back to them and the people you deal with will think you very wise for being so fascinated by their every word.

*important - style and confidence is everything in those first 2 days.
          I'm not too sure that will work as I'm giving, I believe, a presentation / training / hands-on demo of one of their products so not actually saying anything might not go down too well And I'm only there for the day...(must remember not to get tanked up the night before in Zürich )
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I'm not too sure that will work as I'm giving, I believe, a presentation / training / hands-on demo of one of their products so not actually saying anything might not go down too well And I'm only there for the day...(must remember not to get tanked up the night before in Zürich )
            Be very generic and vague, throw in some buzzwords and make sure they have a fresh pot of coffee (and some painkillers) handy.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X