• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the tulip at Clientco!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Just ask yourself - What Would Kimball Do ?
    As I'm following Kimble, he'd do what I'm doing. ie. Gather as much information as possible.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      four minute drive in stationary traffic???
      Whats wrong with walking? or shall we start calling you LardSandwichFan?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I was planning to cycle. Its a 60 mile an hour road, and its about 3 miles.

When I mentioned cycling and asked about showers, the client told me to concentrate on the 'job in hand'.

It's been a while since I decked someone in the workplace. I may be getting ready to break that lull.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

When I mentioned cycling and asked about showers, the client told me to concentrate on the 'job in hand'.

It's been a while since I decked someone in the workplace. I may be getting ready to break that lull.
          I'm sure your family are very proud
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

You need a shower after cycling 3 miles? Is it hilly or are you lardy?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on!

ya Will, ya Will, ya Will, ya Will, ya Will, ya Will, ya Will, ya Will!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You need a shower after cycling 3 miles? Is it hilly or are you lardy?
                I'm a little lardy at the moment, plus I'm going offroad through a very hilly windy, forest and up a very very difficult hill, then over morraine, and then sand.

Basically it's easier to bloody cycle the road it takes about 15 minutes. Took me 45 minutes off road.

Comment

As I'm following Kimble, he'd do what I'm doing. ie. Gather as much information as possible.
                  Maybe that's why they don't trust you on their existing system?

Kim Schmitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I assume that New Clientco have started to make up the spare room for Mr Cockup??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

... I'm going offroad through a very hilly windy, forest and up a very very difficult hill, then over morraine, and then sand.
                      Flippin' 'eck - Where is this - The Brecon Beacons? Are you carrying your laptop too, in hundredweight rucksack?

It sounds like the client (or the twat you are dealing with) is worried you may pick holes in or criticise their existing system. Or perhaps they are reluctant to change it, and they have been overruled on the need to overhaul it at all - People do get defensive and go into job preservation mode about systems they have long familiarity with, and may have designed themselves.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X