• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Best Country For Property Investment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I've heard French wine growers are buying land in Blighty as in a few years the climate here will be better for vineyards than in France.
    There are one or two very good grapes produced here already.
    Are Spanish orange growers buying French vineyards then?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, CZech , Dubai and all these 'hotspots' have melted completely. Fraud is rife and especially in Bulgaria apartment blocks are standing half completed with the brits who invested in them losing everything they had.

China was very good but it's property apparently is crashing too.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

What about less known places like Albania, Romania (yes, I've seen the Borat movie, but still ...) ?

Comment

I've heard French wine growers are buying land in Blighty as in a few years the climate here will be better for vineyards than in France.
          Did you watch Dragons Den last week too?

As to the original question, what about Brazil?

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, CZech , Dubai and all these 'hotspots' have melted completely. Fraud is rife and especially in Bulgaria apartment blocks are standing half completed with the brits who invested in them losing everything they had.

China was very good but it's property apparently is crashing too.
            I would never buy off plan in any country. There are crooks in all countries but the difficulty with Spain is that you can’t rust the lawyers, local government or national government. Even if you legally own the land and property in Spain, there is no guarantee that a developer will come along and legally bulldoze your home because it happens to be in the way of a of larger development.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Yes, there is no way I would consider a new build or something that has not been constructed yet. I like something with a bit of character anyway. Eventually it would become a retirement home for us I think.

Comment

This place, run by a Dutchman, has been setting a good example for a few years now. And this lot, in Holland, produce an outstanding riesling.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Any country with an Anglo-Saxon based legal system which offers primacy of ownership and weak tenancy laws. This limits your selection to the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and the USA. The United States has got to be the best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                    Any country with an Anglo-Saxon based legal system which offers primacy of ownership and weak tenancy laws. This limits your selection to the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and the USA. The United States has got to be the best bet.
                    Speculation on some of those houses that have been repossessed?

I know a Dutch chap who's investing in Detroit; risky, but if the place does somehow recover, he'll be quids in.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

buy my place
                      a nice two bed in Varna, 10 mins slow walk through the sea garden to the coast. Nice neighbourhood.
                      You'll have a lot of change from your 140k

Comment

Working...
                      X