• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Curry from scratch...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
    1 teaspoon of crushed garlic...
    A curry not made from scratch is not a curry
    You can get jars of ginger garlic paste (the 2 things combined). They're used so often together in Indian food it makes sense.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      A curry not made from scratch is not a curry
      You can get jars of ginger garlic paste (the 2 things combined). They're used so often together in Indian food it makes sense.
      Actually we bought that in that supermarket... it's really strong smelling stuff but it was soooo tasty
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        Yeah I get that as well.

"Nice meal Gibbon" followed by " did you have to use every implement in the kitchen and how come you got fat splashes right up in the bathroom"
        Yep, sounds about right...
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Because you make such a mess....
          Mr N is the same. just as well he's got a trained pro to do his cooking
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

CHEATING
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Tip: Split a scotch bonnet pepper chilli, put into curry and take it out just before serving. As well as making the curry hot it also adds a nice aroma. Definitely remember to take it out at the end or you will end up crying in agony.

Comment

I quite fancy a curry now. Home at the weekend, I think I shall indulge.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I quite fancy a curry now. Home at the weekend, I think I shall indulge.
                  From scratch or the takeaway menu?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Ok, girly gets a book about making curry from the relevant spices etc rather than jars/pastes etc.

So, off we toddle to the "International" supermarket in one of Manchesters more "ethnic" areas and promptly buy industrial (~500g bags) quantities of turmeric, chilli powder, whole cloves, mustard seeds etc.

Sunday morning we buy some nice storage jars for said spices etc, and transfer the spices into these nice (large) jars.

Sunday afternoon we proceed to construct our curry from one of the recipes in the new book.

The recipe goes something like this...

1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
                    1 teaspoon of mustard seed
                    1 clove...
                    1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
                    1 teaspoon of crushed garlic...

"Hang on" says I, "How many curries are we going to have to eat to finish off this jar containing 500g of Turmeric?"...

"One clove?" We've got 500g of the bloody things!

So, anyone want to come round for a curry?
                    ha ha ha - not doing very well at hiding your identity there are you?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X