• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there a worse smell in the world?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    That I can well believe.

One of a former clientco's customers was the RSPCA, and at the time (c 2000) their offices were in a nice old building they owned in the centre of Horsham. I gather they've since moved to much more palatial offices slightly out of town.

(I don't agree with you about mutts though.)
    I once worked for a charity I supported. I ended the contract very disillusioned.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I once worked for a charity I supported. I ended the contract very disillusioned.
      A close mate of mine works for charities. The stories he would tell me about how the paid directors of the charities pocketed millions would make anybody who donate to charities squirm in anger.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        The stories he would tell me about how the paid directors of the charities pocketed millions would make anybody who donate to charities squirm in anger.
        Doesn't sound very plausible to me.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Doesn't sound very plausible to me.
          Exactly! That is why they do it.

He worked for a small charity before joining Red Cross. He worked in admin for a year before they found that the funding was pulled. Each of the directors paid themselves about 50K each before they shut the charity down. I can of course cannot show you proof if you demand one from me, so you can believe me or not. Point is, the directors of these charities are no saints.

Comment

He worked for a small charity before joining Red Cross. He worked in admin for a year before they found that the funding was pulled. Each of the directors paid themselves about 50K each before they shut the charity down. I can of course cannot show you proof if you demand one from me, so you can believe me or not. Point is, the directors of these charities are no saints.
            NickyG's conspiracy theories were more plausible.

I call BS.

Comment

So when you said millions it was artistic licence?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                So when you said millions it was artistic licence?
                I never said I had only one story to tell. As I said, I cannot provide proof to all this, in fact I am just passing on information that he fed me. People who run charities do pocket a lot of money, fact that it is a charity does not make a difference to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
                  NickyG's conspiracy theories were more plausible.

I call BS.
                  PM me and I will provide you with the name of the charity that closed down. There should be a way of finding out what happened to the money held in the charity. I am not that bothered, but if you are, go ahead and inteigate an investigation.

Comment

Working...
                  X