• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

things you don't see anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Here's something you don't see any more and I never saw in the first place:

Do kids today realise that Dr Who's Tardis (or something that looked like it) actually existed?
    I've only ever thought of them as a TARDIS and I'm 39.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      ...Would have made a great Tardis, though it'd be a bit of a bugger to get in & out of...
      But roomy once you are inside

Comment

If Dr Who was being started now, he'd have to fly around time and space in one of those little grey urinals that turns up in Soho on a Friday evening.

Comment

Politicians who resign because of a cock-up / carp job done.

Comment

The "wear a baseball cap as high up on your head as you can without it falling off" look.
            (replaced by the "wear your trousers as low down as you can without them falling down" look)

Comment

The Black and White Minstrel Show
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

White dog sh.... oh, already done!
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  White dog sh.... oh, already done!
                  Not often I see any dog poo on the pavement these days, it used to be everywhere. What colour does it turn now?

Comment

You might not see the Black and White minstrel show, but you do see those god awful Blackened Morris Dancers. There down my way in Hampshire and live on the local 'yuppie' estate.

I know a few of them and a bunch of wife swapping, knobbers everyone.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Boil-in-the-bag curry and rice.

Comment

Working...
                      X