• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

things you don't see anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHS video recorders, fax machines, dodos.

Comment

Cars made out of other things than metal.
      Last edited by thunderlizard; 15 July 2010, 13:28. Reason: forgot we can inline images now!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        Cars made out of other things than metal.
        Ah yes. The "Tudor" estate car.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What about things you don't see any more not because they have been superseded or depreciated, but because they have become un-PC (politically incorrect). E.g. Mink coats, crocodile shoes, (ivory key pianos?), rare tropical hardwood furniture?, marmalade.

Also some TV shows might come into that category.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            What about things you don't see any more not because they have been superseded or depreciated, but because they have become un-PC (politically incorrect). E.g. Mink coats, crocodile shoes, (ivory key pianos?), rare tropical hardwood furniture?, marmalade.

Also some TV shows might come into that category.
            Yeah. My mate used to have a coinbank that was shaped like the head and shoulders of a gentleman of coloured extraction, that had an arm with a lever attached, and a flat hand that held pennies.
            The idea was that you placed the penny in "Sambo's" hand, and when you depressed the lever, the arm raised up the penny, his eyeballs shot backwards in their sockets, and he swallowed the penny. Wonderful piece of engineering it was. You never see them these days.
            That makes me glum!!

http://ormistons.eu/Jolly-******-Ban...-Americana.php

Ah yes............these were the ones!! NB Because of the bleeding PC swearyfilter, you have to replace the * with something that rhymes with "bigger", that was also the name of Guy Gibson VC's dog!!
            Last edited by shaunbhoy; 15 July 2010, 13:47.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Black & White Minstrel Show. God how I hated that. Though the wimmin were ok.

Golliwog dolls.

Golliwog money box. (I have one hidden away).
              Benny Hill.

Comment

Here's something you don't see any more and I never saw in the first place:

Do kids today realise that Dr Who's Tardis (or something that looked like it) actually existed?

Comment

Cinema organists and usherettes.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Here's something you don't see any more and I never saw in the first place:

Do kids today realise that Dr Who's Tardis (or something that looked like it) actually existed?
                    There's one in Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      There's one in Glasgow.
                      There's a whole (well probably more than one) website dedicated to them. http://members.multimania.co.uk/rass...ox/page3a.html It's a very very unpleasant site with lots of ads floating all over it. If you're quick you might get to be the 1,000,001th visitor. I was assured that I was the millionth.

Comment

Working...
                      X