• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would someone go to the shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

You fry my brain!
    <Patronising tone>
    Try to keep up dearie
    </pt>

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      It could be either: the person claiming to be Wilmslow isn't the person who posts as him, or the person claiming to be him has made up a fictional character we know as Wilmslow.
      If someone has made up that character, they are a genius.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        <Patronising tone>
        Try to keep up dearie
        </pt>
        I meant - your rambling posting style does my head in

No need to get frosty, just cos I sussed your 'friend' out
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          ..............the person claiming to be him has made up a fictional character we know as Wilmslow.
          I (as in the real me) posts as the character called Drewster.......
          MP isn't really a flying nanny....
          You presumably aren't really called bunk....
          MF isn't a loud mouthed Arse in real life.....

Well OK maybe the MF argument is a bit weak... but we are all sockies in that sense - aren't we?

ie Although there is a lot of "me" in Drewster - Drewster is not really me... if you see what I mean?

Comment

If someone has made up that character, they are a genius.
            We have had them before (see Chico, Andyw for example). He's not quite in the same league if he is a sockie though.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I meant - your rambling posting style does my head in

No need to get frosty, just cos I sussed your 'friend' out
              I would never get frosty with you.......

<deeply offended>
              and what do you mean.... ramble!!!!
              </deeply offended>

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                We have had them before (see Chico, Andyw for example). He's not quite in the same league if he is a sockie though.
                I'm just a bit more sure about Wilmslow than others, but who knows!

Drew - not sure if I would class myself as a sockie, MaryP is an extension of my real persona. Wiki defines a sockpuppet as:

' an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,[1] like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet '
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  I would never get frosty with you.......

<deeply offended>
                  and what do you mean.... ramble!!!!
                  </deeply offended>
                  Ah, good. Would hate to fall out over some tranny sockie.

You don't half ramble though, I mean - seriously.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'm just a bit more sure about Wilmslow than others, but who knows!

Drew - not sure if I would class myself as a sockie, MaryP is an extension of my real persona. Wiki defines a sockpuppet as:

' an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,[1] like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet '
                    I know what you mean... I wasn't really thinking of a dictionary definition of a sockie... more the fact that we all (on this type of forum) portray a character that isn't really us... or at least I think we do....
                    I post on other forums as "me" and still others as (a different) Drewster.... The Drewsters share many of my traits and Drewsters sometimes posts things that are true about "me"... but Drewsters can say and do things that I wouldn't.....

So the Wilmsy you met is probably the person that posts as Wilmsy... but wether all the "adventures" are 100% true...................

No doubt there is a word that sums up what I mean (its not alter-ego or pseudonym).....

Comment

You don't half ramble though, I mean - seriously.
                      You should try holding a conversation with me "face-face"........

Comment

Working...
                      X