• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm beginning to think it's a triangle football they're playing with...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Didn't miss much. Traditional fare from both sides, with the Dutch clogging everything that moved and the Spanish falling over every time the wind changed direction.
    The referee was in danger of getting writers cramp.
    About sums it up.

I don't know about you but I find matches with all that "wonderful" pass-pass-pass-pass ad nauseum to be, er, boring as f***.

It wins world cups though, so it's no wonder Brits don't get a look-in with fans like me who prefer the exciting helter-skelter fare we serve up in our leagues.

Comment

The Spanish - German game was alot prettier but the Dutch went for brutal fouls which spoilt the game.

Pass the Dutchie to the left hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        Nah, quite enjoyed the game myself. Dont think a game that could have easily been 22-22 is a bad one. Maybe the fridge full of stella helped but i thought it was a goodun'.
        I quite enjoyed it too, though I'm pretty sure the Dutch game plan was to nullify the opposition by any means necessary.

I'm annoyed the Dutch coach had the nerve to criticise Howard Webb after his players gave one the most brutal displays I've seen, I thought Webb was rather lenient and only held back a couple of straight reds to keep the game alive.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I thought the Dutch were a disgrace. They were lucky not to be down to 7 men by the end of the match so criticising Howard Webb is a bit rich.

Comment

It was pretty obvious what the Dutch "plan" was. That was one of the least tasteful displays I've ever seen in a world cup, for most of it I thought Webb must have been under orders to avoid a red card at all costs. That drop kick would have seen De Jong sent off in any other game, Van Bommel was lucky not to get a second, although TBH so was Iniesta when he reacted to being clattered at one point.

The Spanish won the fair play award as well, which is nice.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              The Spanish won the fair play award as well, which is nice.
              I thought they did an excellent job of falling over at the right moments, which was nice.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I thought they did an excellent job of falling over at the right moments, which was nice.

That tends to happen when you get kicked in the chest.

Comment

Holland had the more clear cut chances last night, but I'm pleased Spain won.
                  Although Torres going down injured in last couple minutes was not a pleasing sight.

The Dutch should have been down to 9 by the end of the first half and they calmed down in the 2nd half.
                  This should have been a classic final but I doubt it will remember

Comment

And according to CBS Holland won

Bless 'em
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

That tends to happen when you get kicked in the chest.
                      If that dutch geezer had put any force behind it, the spanish geezer wouldn't have got up.

And if the ditch geezer meant to do it, he would have put force behind it.

Funny how people get taken in by all the play-acting and rhetoric. The dutch geezer was booked for high feet, and that's all it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X